Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Hello My Friends
I want to buy one metal detector and I want to do a research.
Please test your detector and obtain maximum depth that your machine can detect a tray with about 50 cm diameter in air.
I will put my results in TreasureNet.com
Please be accurate and honest.
Thanks

Do you want this because you think you will be able (hope to) replicate this depth in the ground? If so, then be aware that air tests are rarely ever replicable in the ground. Have you given any thought to the concept that perhaps there's simply not a treasure there? Or will you continue to believe it's there, "but simply deeper" ?

I wish I had a dollar for every "sure-fired treasure" story I heard when I detected through-out the Sierra Madres in Mexico. A "certain treasure" in every cave, every ruin, etc.. And of course they were always "20 ft. deep". But it was absolutely without doubt mind you. How did they know? Because they saw smoke coming from the ground, or a vision of the virgin mary, or pancho villa told them, etc.... Yup bullet-proof certain-to-be there treasures everywhere. If I had a dollar for every story, I would be able to retire :thumbsup:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you want this because you think you will be able (hope to) replicate this depth in the ground? If so, then be aware that air tests are rarely ever replicable in the ground. Have you given any thought to the concept that perhaps there's simply not a treasure there? Or will you continue to believe it's there, "but simply deeper" ?

I wish I had a dollar for every "sure-fired treasure" story I heard when I detected through-out the Sierra Madres in Mexico. A "certain treasure" in every cave, every ruin, etc.. And of course they were always "20 ft. deep". But it was absolutely without doubt mind you. How did they know? Because they saw smoke coming from the ground, or a vision of the virgin mary, or pancho villa told them, etc.... Yup bullet-proof certain-to-be there treasures everywhere. If I had a dollar for every story, I would be able to retire :thumbsup:

Is this a real post? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it is a real post. Because there is any video test in youtube and internet from maximum depth of metal detector on large objects.
Please cooperate.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it is a real post. Because there is any video test in youtube and internet from maximum depth of metal detector on large objects.
Please cooperate.

What is your budget in US dollars? If you are looking for depth on larger cache items like jars of coins and such at 30" in depth, you'll need a $6,000.00 Minelab GPX 5000 at the very least. You can get a big 40"x20" coil for it Coiltek Manufacturing - Metal detector coils and accessories

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
yup, the guy is serious. He keeps coming on every other week, asking the same thing: a detector which can find a dinner plate sized object to 20 ft. Because this is a certain-to-be-there treasure. And can't conceive that it's merely superstition.

I encountered the same psychology in Mexico. The minute you cast doubts on their sure-fired stories (which all break apart with any scrutiny), you are merely looked at as a loco americano (crazy american). And if you show them that there's utterly no signals coming from the cave floor, it's never that there's NOT a treasure there. It always means it must be deeper (yeah, that's the ticket!). But I had fun hunting anyhow, and finding individual coins. Some as far back as the 1850s. But lots of trash in Mexico. Even with a 2-box, you would spend all day digging soda cans and cast-iron junk. Even in the most remote ruins thinkable, we still encountered tons of junk. Fun hunting and great memories though :)

OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
You do not know about treasure any things.
You only know how find a coin in 0-12.37 inch??? and then you tell OK! Very good. Ye and . . . :BangHead:
But there are deep treasures in our country. Such as 200 gold coin in 2 meter depth.
Please go to study about treasures.
Please do this test for me.
Thanks

Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you seriously believe any of us have 200 gold coins, let alone that we would dig a hole several meters deep, to confirm what we already have been trying to tell you? We already know and have told you none of the typical detectors we use will do what you want. It's just not going to happen.
luvsdux

OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
My friends find treasure in 1.5-2 meter depth by GPX 5000 with 18 inch commander coil.
But all people in TreasureNet.com tell GPX 5000 can not reach to these depth.
But the price of GPX 5000 is high (5000-6000$).
I want to find a cheaper detector.
I did not tell, you have not 200 gold coins. I told treasure is 200 gold coins for example just.
You want to find one coin in low depth and we want to find large object in high depth.
Please test your detector until I select one for mine.
Thanks

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends find treasure in 1.5-2 meter depth by GPX 5000 with 18 inch commander coil. But all people in TreasureNet.com tell GPX 5000 can not reach to these depth. But the price of GPX 5000 is high (5000-6000$). I want to find a cheaper detector. I did not tell, you have not 200 gold coins. I told treasure is 200 gold coins for example just. You want to find one coin in low depth and we want to find large object in high depth. Please test your detector until I select one for mine. Thanks

I wouldn't worry about what people say on forums if your friends have done it! But as Terry S. stated above from experience and as a matter of PURE physics, the GPX 5000 with the 40x20" coil is your best bet as far as a commercially available detector which can be purchased by the general public. 200 gold coins should more than justify the costs of this setup.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize different people testing the depth of their detectors really want tell you squat as your relying on everyone to test properly and report findings honestly..

There are very few treasures floating in the air and air tests mean very little, you want to know how a detector does in real life conditions in the ground not in the air.

Minelab excalibur does poorly in air test but it has found gold for me at 20 inches using 15 inch coils. 200 gold coins would be a large target.

3%

Last edited:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dowsing.png

Here you go buddy. Should fit your needs perfectly.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

My friends find treasure in 1.5-2 meter depth by GPX 5000 with 18 inch commander coil.
I did not tell, you have not 200 gold coins. I told treasure is 200 gold coins for example just.
You want to find one coin in low depth and we want to find large object in high depth.
Thanks

Woahh, hold on, let's look at the facts of what you're saying:

a) You're utterly certain treasures are there. And that it's not superstition, legend, lore, etc...

b) you're saying now your buddies have actually found treasures there and that they were using a certain detector/coil setup.

c) but that's too expensive, and out of your price range. So you're seeking something less expensive, yet that goes super deep.

Have I got those 3 facts right? Ok then, here's the problem: If you're so certain there's treasures there, then why oh why oh why DON'T you just go get your friend's proven setup ?? It would be just as fletch says: a few gold coins ALONE would pay for the cost of that setup. So I don't get it.

Oh, and question for you (which I doubt you'll answer): you say your friends found treasures, right? Did you actually see them digging it up? Or is this just something someone told you, was found ? I too had all the supposed "first-hand" treasure stories cited when I ran around Mexico chasing down "sure fired treasure leads". But the second I began to quizz deeper to my interprettors (or the land/homeowners we were led to, etc..) about the "treasures they saw", etc..., it always fell apart. You know, like " well, I didn't actually *see* the treasure, but my brother in law saw it". So you go track down that brother in law. And it turns out that .... well ... he TOO didn't actually *see*, but he'd heard it from a reliable source, blah blah blah. So my hunch, you haven't seen your friends find anything. And if you quizzed them about this/those finds, you'd learn that it's just passed down "he said she said" info from infinate regression. But all such stories continue to be "first hand irrefutable".

I'm betting you don't address this, other than to continue to insist there's treasures. And such is the power of the belief in treasures. Good luck on finding your machine that can find a dinner plate sized object to 6 ft.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks
Just like a necklace and their separate links, the detector "sees" each coin as an individual target, not as a whole (unless they're welded together). Now if they're inside a metal container, the detector will "see" the container, not the coins. As mentioned, borrow your friends detector when they're not using it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just borrow your "friends" detector since you know it works!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello My Friends I want to buy one metal detector and I want to do a research. Please test your detector and obtain maximum depth that your machine can detect a tray with about 50 cm diameter in air. I will put my results in TreasureNet.com Please be accurate and honest. Thanks

So are you saying the treasure is laying on a tray at around 20' deep? And you already know the size of the tray that it is laying on?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No detector will find a tray twenty feet deep. Rent a backhoe. Or take a bulldozer and take off 17' feet of earth and then use ANY detector.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, maybe this guy is Killer, Killer come back to bug us. I know Treasure_Hunter remembers him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread