Please help Identify the minerals in this geode

Buttersplr

Nov 1, 2018
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I bought this geode from a RenFest a few weeks ago and cracked it open. I have been hanging out there a while watching other people crack theirs open to see whats inside. When I opened mine they were surprised to see what was inside. They told me it was a rare geode and a great find. They never said that to anyone else so I hope they were not pulling my leg.

This geode is about the size of the palm of my hand and seems to have many different minerals inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also maybe a ballpark of what it might be worth.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Geode 1.jpg
    Geode 1.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Geode 2.jpg
    Geode 2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 163

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Buttersplr! Take a look at Forum: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stdenis_jd

May 7, 2015
West Lower Peninsula, MI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you could take a picture in natural light, and zoom in closer without compromising clarity, that would be really helpful. Just cant see the crystal structure in these photos and the color alone won't get me anywhere. Does look like calcite crystals, maybe dogtooth calcite, on something...maybe hematite coated quartz?

Upvote 0

Moesia

Oct 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
You have to zoom in a little. Looks like nothing special as far a geodes go. No value unless there is something that can not be seen in a wide photo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread