What's new

Please help identify

rosaryman47

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 28, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These 4 items found in same hole. Could be revolutionary war time frame. Found musket ramrod 10' away from this dig. I live 10 miles from Brandywine battle field. Thank you. John
 

Attachments

  • WIN_20200923_14_47_22_Pro_LI_edited.webp
    WIN_20200923_14_47_22_Pro_LI_edited.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 218
  • WIN_20200923_14_44_30_Pro_LI.webp
    WIN_20200923_14_44_30_Pro_LI.webp
    593.7 KB · Views: 163
When I see multiple buttons of the same type like yours I always wonder if it is a grave of a soldier buried in uniform. Laying on his back, the buttons would be the first thing found. Check that area again well. Maybe a sword, buckle, or coins still there. Where I live the soil is acidic and any bones would be long gone from that time period. Gary
 
Upvote 0
Hi Gary...thank you for your response. I was hoping they were buttons but after more research today I'm thinking possibly 'Bale seals'. I just went through 151 pages of bale seals on 'bagseal gallery'...did not see specific match but bale seal images are similar. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...John
 
Upvote 0
I'm leaning more towards possible buttons as well. Bag seals are usually, if not always, made of lead and will not rust like yours are. I'll admit that I'm not an expert on this but I have found my fair share of bag seals and they are all made of lead.
 
Upvote 0
I don't think they are either one .. Not sure what they are.
 
Upvote 0
Here is a wild shot from the hip...

Feet from a 50's 60's stool.

Pivoting metal feet... 2 are broken off attachments... two are bent over attachments and fused as one.
 
Upvote 0
They look like knobs with the stud coming from the center of each in the first pic and the part coming out of the screen from the center to the 6 o'clock position.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for that info. I'm really tired of researching bag seals. What's unusual is each one had a metal rod going through center. There are no markings on items. Thanks for responses from all...John
 
Upvote 0
Here is a wild shot from the hip...

Feet from a 50's 60's stool.

Pivoting metal feet... 2 are broken off attachments... two are bent over attachments and fused as one.

...
 
Upvote 0
I believe these are the ends from a set of old-timey roller blinds/window shades.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom