What's new

plese help id please

JIMMY555

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
SOV. GT
Found this tonight and it was deep. It was so badly corroded that i could not make out nothing but the date. Got 0ff as much as i could. It has a cross in the center with rays around it a date of 1883 and can make out the word charity and hope ? about 1-3/4 in wide and high made of i think silver or something like it. Sorry for the bad picture but that is all i can do. Thanks for any help
 

Attachments

  • cross1.webp
    cross1.webp
    119.7 KB · Views: 535
  • cross2.webp
    cross2.webp
    124.5 KB · Views: 506
  • cross3.webp
    cross3.webp
    151 KB · Views: 506
Knights of Columbus? :dontknow:
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Take a soft toothbrush and warm soapy water and clean off the sand/dirt so we can see what it says, please. I recognize the shape, but cannot identify, sorry.
 
Upvote 0
That's it for clean, it is corroded right into the metal and can not get it out. sorry also found this tonight any help would be nice on it is brass or copper about 1-1/2 in high and wide.
 

Attachments

  • tag1.webp
    tag1.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 491
  • tag2.webp
    tag2.webp
    127.9 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0
The second object is a manufacturer's plate to an 1890's bicycle.

Not sure about the first. it might be Knights Templar
 
Upvote 0
Catholic Order of Foresters - Cross and the words “Faith, Hope, Charity – Orgnd 1883”.

il_430xN.76796449.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
OK, MJ beat me by about 70 seconds...

Nice ID Jim.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
DCMatt said:
Catholic Order of Foresters - Cross and the words “Faith, Hope, Charity – Orgnd 1883”.

il_430xN.76796449.jpg


DCMatt
Montana Jim said:

So this ribbon drop is from the Royal Red Cross, not the Catholic Order of Foresters? I have to agree the Catholic order piece does not look right.

No. I still think COF. COF was organized in 1883, used this style cross, and used the motto Faith, Hope, Charity. Here's another pic. No exact match but similar design.

catphoto.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • faith hope charity.webp
    faith hope charity.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
The second object is a manufacturer's plate to an 1890's bicycle.

Not sure about the first. it might be Knights Templar
http://www.thewheelmen.org/sections/bicyclebrands/bicyclebrands.pdf
Telegram Cycle Manufacturing Company Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1895-1896

Bolte Manufacturing Company Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1895-1896


Yep its from an 1890's Telegram Cycle.. It was probably riveted right on the front under the handle bars. Nice find!

bicycle telegram.webpbicycle Telegram Roadster.webp
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
johnnyi said:
The second object is a manufacturer's plate to an 1890's bicycle.

Not sure about the first. it might be Knights Templar
http://www.thewheelmen.org/sections/bicyclebrands/bicyclebrands.pdf
Telegram Cycle Manufacturing Company Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1895-1896

Bolte Manufacturing Company Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1895-1896 WOW YOU ARE GOOD WAS TRYING TO FIND WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE, THANKS


Yep its from an 1890's Telegram Cycle.. It was probably riveted right on the front under the handle bars. Nice find!
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
AU24K said:
Knights of Columbus? :dontknow:
Scott
KOC also uses the same 3 words and similar shape. http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...pe,+Charity”.+–+1883&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

What state did you find it in?

Im posting the pic here so we can all see it.

That is dead on, I saw this ID request earlier today (was on my phone on the net) and I couldn't reply then, but this is the same item, KoC for sure. I was going to post a similar pic, but I'm glad I didn't have to.
 
Upvote 0
syderial said:
bigcypresshunter said:
AU24K said:
Knights of Columbus? :dontknow:
Scott
KOC also uses the same 3 words and similar shape. http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...pe,+Charity”.+–+1883&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

What state did you find it in?

Im posting the pic here so we can all see it.

That is dead on, I saw this ID request earlier today (was on my phone on the net) and I couldn't reply then, but this is the same item, KoC for sure. I was going to post a similar pic, but I'm glad I didn't have to.
The pic I posted is the item for sure but the link doesnt know what it is. :dontknow: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25015343&ref=cat2_gallery_1

I am just guessing because KoC has the same words “Faith, Hope, Charity." If you have a pic, post it.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
9
Views
1K
Replies
5
Views
574

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom