Plundered Iowa again! .... wheats, rings, and this token.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went with TimC again to Lansing, Iowa. Found four more wheats, a tiny gold ring, a silver man's ring and this token. The token is very corroded... white metal.... and one side says... Good For One 5 (cent) Cigar. The other side says... Charlie Gee Jackson, Minn. I checked the internet and could only find LOTS of GEE's in the UK. As far as I could tell, nothing specific on any political or famous Gee's in Jackson. Anybody help me out? Also, a pic of a stagecoach stop that dates back to the 1850's. The land was first deeded to Col. Wakefield for his efforts during the Indian Wars. He built the house, complete with backyard FORT. I am told the slits near the roofline are gunports! The house was a restaurant for a while and is now a private residense. No one home this date so the pics are from the road. TTC

Attachments

• MVC-036S.JPG
    MVC-036S.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 381
  • MVC-037S.JPG
    MVC-037S.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 384
  • MVC-031S.JPG
    MVC-031S.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
Looks like you had a great day of it...Hmmmm...Now we need a pic you with a cigar in your mouth...wtg.. :thumbsup:

Looked up Charles Gee's death record in Minnesota and and found this info. Charles Ray Gee was born 20 July 1884 and died January 29, 1959 in Jackson County, Minnesota. There's probably more than could be found since based on the token he was some kind of proprietor.

Here is a link that might help you do more research:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mnjackso/lookups.htm

SusanMN said:
Looked up Charles Gee's death record in Minnesota and and found this info. Charles Ray Gee was born 20 July 1884 and died January 29, 1959 in Jackson County, Minnesota. There's probably more than could be found since based on the token he was some kind of proprietor.

Here is a link that might help you do more research:

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mnjackso/lookups.htm
OUTstanding! Thank you Susan. Gives me a good start. TTC

It's ugly, it's beat up, but it's a token! (Kinda like me, the ugly, beat up part) This is the place to get any info, good luck!

WTG Terry clean IOWA up. Looks like a great spot :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back