What's new

Point and a Tooth

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well another long day yesterday but I went in early and when I got off it was sunny so I hurried home and grabbed a quick bite to eat and took off to the creek. The owner owns Id say 3 miles of it. Where I park I can walk most of it if it isnt over my head and if it is in certain spots another owner lets me cross her side. The water was rushing faster than normal and I was shocked I was able to find anything seeing the water was so high but it was also crystal clear. The white quartz was laying on the side of the bank and I didnt even have to wash it the sun bleached it for me. Must of been laying there for a couple of months. Wasnt hard to see laying on the brown rocks and sand. All the rest were in the water a bit more of a challenge to see in the current. I had my stick and was flipping them to see if they would wash quick or slow in the water. The slow ones usually mean stone the others leafs. Id like to know what type of tooth it is if anybody knows its my 1st one I have ever found. The big black Heart Breaker looks to of been a preform or a blade its missing the tip and stem if it was finished. Found a broken one dont know if they go together or not but maybe and a flake knife. N GA finds on private property, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC13064.webp
    SDC13064.webp
    1,004 KB · Views: 102
  • SDC13068.webp
    SDC13068.webp
    1,018 KB · Views: 94
  • SDC13066.webp
    SDC13066.webp
    985.6 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC13065.webp
    SDC13065.webp
    958.1 KB · Views: 91
  • SDC13062.webp
    SDC13062.webp
    980 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice point, productive day
 
Nice Finds, Congrats!!
 
Beautiful quartz point and love the material of the brokes, both in the second pic look like tips to me but I could be wrong. All great finds, even the tooth lol
 
Nice finds , glad you got to get out for a bit , I think Iv only ever found one point in a creek I just seem to have no luck in them
 
Love that quartz! I’m going with horse on the tooth. I have an upper and lower jaw from a horse and it looks very much like the teeth. Looks like you are having a great year so far!
 
Beautiful quartz point and love the material of the brokes, both in the second pic look like tips to me but I could be wrong. All great finds, even the tooth lol

Probably on the broken 2 pieces same work but probably not a match yet. Maybe next time so now Im looking for 2 more pieces
 
Nice finds , glad you got to get out for a bit , I think Iv only ever found one point in a creek I just seem to have no luck in them

I do more creek hunts than field I have access to around 8 creeks in my area and all are private property. Some I can go whenever I want and some the owners have to be home to take me.
 
Love that quartz! I’m going with horse on the tooth. I have an upper and lower jaw from a horse and it looks very much like the teeth. Looks like you are having a great year so far!

Its been slower than last year so far but just as soon as the rain stops game on.
 
You had a great day! The tooth looks like that of a horse.

I was hoping buffalo but thanks for the I.D. on it. Civil War was big in my town.
 
Love those quartz points! Nice finds.

Thanks it does have some stem damage but I can flip it in a frame so it isnt to noticeable. I almost didnt go to that spot cause its a walk from where I started and it was a nice site to see. Just as soon as I broke through the brush I could see it laying from 30 ft away. Its a spot where I find so much material and my Celt from last year. Must of been a campsite rite in that area on 1 of the banks or both.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom