What's new

Porphyry Celt

yeah thats sweet ...killer material :icon_thumright:
 
hey i was hunting that day too 1-1-11, i remember it being warm and going ...I found something pretty killer that day too.
 
Yeah Sohio, it was pretty nice. My brother and I have a tradition of going out New Years Day when we can. Beats a hangover and starts the year out right. The bummer was the next day it got cold and snowed. It was 2 months before I could get out again.
 
I remember it that way too,,,i kept going in the snow was digging a killer spot...but i was out of the weather if you catch my drift.
 
That makes a great display like that. Nice celt !
 
Nice celt! I like the way you superimposed it on the raw material for comparison.
Nick
 
Awesome Find! She sure is pretty. :icon_thumleft:
 
Nice artifact! The flat piece you got it on? Did you find it in the same area? And if so lets see it front and back.
 
Thanks Rock. No, the big flat piece was picked up a long way away from where I found the celt. It wasn't even a site. Its just a rock lol.
 
The reason I asked is cause it looks like a Metate which is a flat rock they used to grind on.
 
That is a very nice celt & a great find!
 
The reason I asked is cause it looks like a Metate which is a flat rock they used to grind on.
You are not the first to wonder about this but I am sure it is just a rock. No sign of grinding on it.
 
i love that second image
it is a great picture
 
You are not the first to wonder about this but I am sure it is just a rock. No sign of grinding on it.

I have only found 1 Metate so far and I thought it was a cool flat rock till I saw a swirl on one side. A dimple and then I saw one just like it in the museum here in my town.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom