Possible Cache???

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone ever seen anything like this in an old garage floor? The house I live in was built around 1912. When I first started detecting I found a 1913 Iniana Lisence plate at about 8" down inside the garages old foundation... Just a few feet from the plate was this old metal box, full of red bricks... I dug all the bricks from the inside of the box, but nothing was in it except for the bricks & dirt...

Cache.JPG

After getting all of the bricks from inside, I noticed that if you tapped on the inside of the box about 4" down, and 4" down from the bottom, it sounded hollow...

Has anyone ever seen such a box in the ground,,,is this something common from the old days, or could this be a cache? Ever since Iv'e been reading some of the post on this forum, it has been bug'n me... I think I may dig it up today, and see what we got... I'll Keep you posted...

E

Explorers Society

Everything should be checked out......................

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was? thinking, some kind of Filteration drain, However as Explorer's society states. CHECH IT OUT. anything is possable. even if it's original purpose isn't important, in later years it may have been used for something else. GOOD LUCK ; jeff

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
did you check the bricks for coins inside of them?

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Well, I worked on the hole for about an hour today,,, thats all the time I had...
I got about half way down the sides of the box. It's hard dig'n as there are bricks stacked on the outside as well, no mortar, just the bricks... Some laying flat , and others on end.. Didn't hit any kind of a hollow spot, not sure why it sounded so hollow from inside the box... Going to go back at it tomarrow, if I can find the time, and take the whole box out of the ground to see if anything is underneath it... I forgot to mention that the box was open on the top, and closed off ( sealed ) at the bottom...Can't imagine what it could have been...

There are no holes in the bricks, they looks to be pretty old...

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
did you scan them by your detector to make sure?

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Like Jeff said dry well.They used to use 30 gal oil drums when it was lagal. Done it my self. Cladius.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread