Possible Holy Grail Of Pandemic Found

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COVID-19 pill effective in preliminary testing may be 'holy grail' of pandemic, Dr. Marc Siegel says

Dr. Siegel predicts the at-home therapeutic could come to market in four to five months

A new possible medication to treat coronavirus-positive patients could be enough to turn the pandemic on its head, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegal revealed Sunday on "Fox & Friends Weekend"

First-stage testing of the experimental COVID-19 pill called Molnupiravir, by Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, showed promising signs of effectiveness in reducing the virus in patients.

"It may be the holy grail on this because it was just studied in phase two trials and it literally stopped the virus in its tracks," he explained. "And there wasn't any virus found in the patients that were studied."

The drug would function as an at-home, five-day treatment, similar to Tamiflu, to stop the virus from reproducing before causing major damage. Siegel said the therapeutic could come to market in as little as four to five months.

The doctor said even though only 182 patients were studied during testing so far, the pill could still be "very promising" for thousands of people.

"This might be the future once the vaccine really gets control over the pandemic and we just start seeing isolated cases," he said. "By then, this drug might be ready and this might be the drug for over the next several months."

Siegel predicted the U.S. will be free of the coronavirus pandemic by the summer, making the Molnupiravir treatment "very helpful" for managing isolated cases.
"This is the very first pill that we have that’s something that we might be able to use in our armamentarium against COVID as a therapeutic," he said.

COVID-19 pill effective in preliminary testing may be 'holy grail' of pandemic, Dr. Marc Siegel says | Fox News

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my response would be totally political :unhappysmiley:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
pills...thats all we need more pills...Tamiflu for the cash consumer is about $150 for 10 capsules...off topic i read travel companies may start require the purchase of covid insurance..no pay no fly to other countries.....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pills...thats all we need more pills...Tamiflu for the cash consumer is about $150 for 10 capsules...off topic i read travel companies may start require the purchase of covid insurance..no pay no fly to other countries.....

Worth it. What is the price of your life?

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Fox news? ummm Are all the other news outlets keeping it a secret?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Apparently it just doesn't fit their narrative, Escape.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every country has their own miracle cure

Yea I Have a miracle Cure too !

Take your Mask off, Live Your life as you wish

And Label all Deaths by the Obvious Causes. old age, flu, accident, heart, etc. instead of Testing every dead person for a Chinese Cootie spore.

they used to ask do you or Someone in your Life Smoke ?
& Blame Tobacco or Second hand Smoke.

Now it's the Cooties !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Finally, justification to keep on lighting up!

The authors asserted:

current smokers have a very much lower probability of developing symptomatic or severe SARS-CoV-2 infection as compared to the general population.

The finding of lower rates of smokers among COVID-19 cases has been more recently described elsewhere, in a rapid review of 28 studies on smoking in COVID-19 patients from various countries.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
hmmm
be nice to see this investigated
eg: does good stuff offer better profilatic protection?
using oneself as the test subject does not work, though I keep trying

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also look up ivermectin which never got any coverage...

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been covered, seems a folk remedy

the study I was reading on ivermectin had like a group of 400 or so doctors, all taking it. none contracted covid. the other group that didn't take it had almost a 50% infection rate..... Did they disprove that study or something?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the study I was reading on ivermectin had like a group of 400 or so doctors, all taking it. none contracted covid. the other group that didn't take it had almost a 50% infection rate..... Did they disprove that study or something?

Tp,

Can you post a link to the study that you referenced?

From what I've now read, ivermectin inhibits replication of the virus in lab trials at concentrations that are significantly higher than what is approved for human use.

However, the results of a clinical trial on ~400 adult humans (200 given ivermectin, 198 given a placebo) with mild COVID-19 showed that ivermectin did not produce a significant difference in duration of symptoms vs. the placebo group. In the conclusion, the authors of the study said:

"[FONT=&quot]Among adults with mild COVID-19, a 5-day course of ivermectin, compared with placebo, did not significantly improve the time to resolution of symptoms. The findings do not support the use of ivermectin for treatment of mild COVID-19, although larger trials may be needed to understand the effects of ivermectin on other clinically relevant outcomes.[/FONT]"

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2777389

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love it, like watching a sheep dog work

I've got a Maremma. I think he's just a part-timer. He's supposed to protect the chickens, but the hawks win some of the battles. He's cool though.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread