Found in Illinois, appears to have some work along the edges and possibly a few flakes removed from the same side. However I am looking for your honest opinion. Thanks
I agree I happen to live in an area where chert doesn't occur naturally and had to be brought in so everything was used down to the last little flake on most sites.
Some sites have at least a little work done and some evidence of use on almost every single flake a lot of them are just like that one.
It gets my yes too, the middle picture of your three shows small lateral percussion chipping along the sharper/thinner right side, you've got an Indian artifact. Congrats !
Thanks. I've seen a lot of these at shows and dug a couple at shawnee-minisink and held most of the items from the Shawnee - Minisink paleo Indian site here in Pa. My eyes catch things others don't as well as your eyes and other eyes catch things mine don't see... it's great sharing pictures and items at shows and here on this forum. I'm glad I joined. Seems friendly here...
Glad you're aboard.
Maybe this would be a good time to describe a little and show one of the uses for a graver spur.
It's pretty well proven they were used to score and snap bone in a controlled manner in the tool making process.. Here are a couple of my personal finds that are the tools and leftovers from manufacturing bearing score marks from a graver
Those are nice tool. U find them yourself? I have seen a bunch similar to those from upstate New York. Only bone pieces I have found were from North Dakota...