What's new

Possibly a Rosette? Solved: pewter childrens play saucer

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,656
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Possibly a Rosette? Solved: pewter children's play saucer

Is this a horse bridal rosette? found in the same location I've found some civil war buttons. What kind of baffles me is the pretty design on the inside like a tombac, but I think that part would have been hidden.

Any Ideas.

No visible sign of a shank but there is a cross or X pattern on the middle of the inside (or what I'm assuming is the inside)

Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20100918_200019.webp
    IMG_20100918_200019.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20100918_200051.webp
    IMG_20100918_200051.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 284
Re: Possibly a Rosette?

starting to think it's not a rosette. Wouldn't the back be filled, or have posts, and if that were the case why would it be decorated.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Possibly a Rosette?

My hunch is that this is not a rosette. The size, and lack of attachments seem to rule against that.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Possibly a Rosette?

Plate or saucer from kids tea play set. Pretty neat find :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Possibly a Rosette?

traderoftreasure said:
IronSpike said:
Plate or saucer from kids tea play set. Pretty neat find :icon_thumright:
I've never seen a tea cup smaller than a nickel.

Dollhouse pewter tea set :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Possibly a Rosette?

IronSpike said:
Plate or saucer from kids tea play set. Pretty neat find :icon_thumright:

I think you're right! :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Possibly a Rosette?

IronSpike said:
Plate or saucer from kids tea play set. Pretty neat find :icon_thumright:

Great ID IronSpike. Thanks for the help.

here are similar saucers on ebay
 

Attachments

  • 400627440_o.webp
    400627440_o.webp
    19 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom