Post the most random things you have found while out in the middle of the woods 🌲 🌲 🌲

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the most unusual things or maybe I should say unlikely items I ever found was a small brown & yellow wibble wobble It was the size of robin egg And it was laying on the ground in a large wooded area Perhaps more than30 acers of mostly mature trees where surrounding the spot where this kid's toy was laying on a mixed variety of leaves I am guessing of course but I think a bird had picked it up thinking it was food and than dropped it were I found it It was highly unexpected to found it in that location And to see something that small mixed into the surrounding cover was even more implausible

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the most unusual things or maybe I should say unlikely items I ever found was a small brown & yellow wibble wobble It was the size of robin egg And it was laying on the ground in a large wooded area Perhaps more than30 acers of mostly mature trees where surrounding the spot where this kid's toy was laying on a mixed variety of leaves I am guessing of course but I think a bird had picked it up thinking it was food and than dropped it were I found it It was highly unexpected to found it in that location And to see something that small mixed into the surrounding cover was even more implausible
My wife told me she saw a crow grab our daughters super ball, those little rubber balls from a vending machine and drop it like it was a nut. So your theory it very feasible

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife told me she saw a crow grab our daughters super ball, those little rubber balls from a vending machine and drop it like it was a nut. So your theory it very feasible
Wel of course I m only guessing But the object wibble wobbe is egg shaped And there are many birds that raid nest to get the egg s

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel of course I m only guessing But the object wibble wobbe is egg shaped And there are many birds that raid nest to get the egg s
In a similar situation I found a molded herd rubber snake laying in a farmers hay/grass field There is a wooded area that has a large number of buzzards roosting there nearly every night of the week. I again have no proof but I would lay odds some buzzard dropped it there

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I was walking in a field and came up on this. Gave my heart a jump.

20180519_101306.jpg

creekcrawler

Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out in the woods hiking a trail to our fishing hole.
In the middle of no-where, a bright blue shrubbery.

Attachments

• 1216121559.jpg
    1216121559.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 25

creekcrawler

Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a pretty hard to get to spot in the forest - a pine grove of stone thrones!
Some of those stones would require 2-3 people just to move.
There was also a trash can, no garbage found on the ground at all.

Attachments

• thrones 07-18a.jpg
    thrones 07-18a.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 27
  • thrones 07-18c.jpg
    thrones 07-18c.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 27
  • thrones 07-18e.jpg
    thrones 07-18e.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 26

creekcrawler

Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out hiking a point of high land, a known ancient encampment / village.
Hoping to find some surface arrowheads. A section of the edge of thehill/cliff had fell away.
First thought was, "Geez, hope that's an ostrich egg." The hill slide had exposed an ancient flexed burial.
Poor guy was coming out of the cliff side. Quickly spread some tobacco, reburied, said a prayer and left.

Attachments

• burial1.jpg
    burial1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 37
  • burial2.jpg
    burial2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 37

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out hiking a point of high land, a known ancient encampment / village.
Hoping to find some surface arrowheads. A section of the edge of thehill/cliff had fell away.
First thought was, "Geez, hope that's an ostrich egg." The hill slide had exposed an ancient flexed burial.
Poor guy was coming out of the cliff side. Quickly spread some tobacco, reburied, said a prayer and left.
I can see that it might have been a little bit of something tingling in you spine But you meant him no harm and the same was just asr real for him it may have been many centuries since he had seen anyone and just was uncertain what he should say

creekcrawler

Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Glass Half Full! Kinda exactly my thoughts. This old fellow has been there for 600+ years (Whittlesey period). IT was an akward moment for both of us I just wanted him to get his well deserved rest.

Told the wife, "Dang, I went looking for ARROW heads!"

Dejure

Nov 30, 2023
I, along with my brother and a friend, drug an old overhead ore cart up out of a canyon. Don't know what my dad ever did with it. Now, about fifty-five years later, it'd be a valuable collectable to someone.

Can't remember if we knew the name of the mining company it might have belonged to at least fifty years earlier (now, at least 150 years earlier).

Last edited:

CjG3

Aug 25, 2019
Albuquerque NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400, Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this qualifies…? But it’s cool none the less. I found a dead fall trap for small game. Rodents and birds I assume. Who knows how old it is?

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I definitely didn’t take a picture when I was detecting and hiking an old gold mining area when I made it around a bend in the creek there were 3 naked women sitting on the bedrock ledge next to the creek! I can’t tell you how awkward and awesome it was hahaha.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That first Motor one looks like the one my brother threw away 65 years ago LOL Near Fennville Michigan

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I definitely didn’t take a picture when I was detecting and hiking an old gold mining area when I made it around a bend in the creek there were 3 naked women sitting on the bedrock ledge next to the creek! I can’t tell you how awkward and awesome it was hahaha.
Did your head bleed a lot when you fell down and hit the rock? How long did it take for you to wake from your fever dream?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread