Post Your Best Gold/Silver/Bronze Ring(over 100years Old)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,812
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2,988
  • Roman Ring.jpg
    Roman Ring.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,811
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,714
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2,731
Upvote 0
Just like Crusader I have given quite a few gold and silver rings away to the farm owners where I have searched, and that was also at a time I did not have a camera. Rings, silver and gold, found on the beach, well they just disappear to friends and people visiting, did not keep even one. Pity, the price of gold is so high now, I had about 80 gold rings. Old rings that I have found in spoils or along highways/canals I keep. Many are made of tin, very old rings. Here are photos of some of the silver and gold rings (the last ring has a white gold front, with a precious stone - forgot the name, and a silver finger part (which is not polished, got to do that some day).

Photo one, found at the bottom of a dike when workers were busy with removing ground. It was quite deep before the ground was removed.
Photo two, found at a spoils dump in Amsterdam.
Photo three, an very old puzzle ring, found at another spoils dump in Amsterdam
Photo four, a roman ring.
Photo five, the white gold ring with silver finger part.

Attachments

• Roman 1.jpg
    Roman 1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 983
  • puzzle ring 1.jpg
    puzzle ring 1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 990
  • Flower Ring 1.jpg
    Flower Ring 1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 991
  • 3huizen ring 1.jpg
    3huizen ring 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 969
  • white gold 1.jpg
    white gold 1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 989
WOODY50 said:
Just like Crusader I have given quite a few gold and silver rings away to the farm owners where I have searched, and that was also at a time I did not have a camera. Rings, silver and gold, found on the beach, well they just disappear to friends and people visiting, did not keep even one. Pity, the price of gold is so high now, I had about 80 gold rings. Old rings that I have found in spoils or along highways/canals I keep. Many are made of tin, very old rings. Here are photos of some of the silver and gold rings (the last ring has a white gold front, with a precious stone - forgot the name, and a silver finger part (which is not polished, got to do that some day).

Photo one, found at the bottom of a dike when workers were busy with removing ground. It was quite deep before the ground was removed.
Very nice rings Woody, the first and second especially :o but I can't beleive there are actually two people on here md enought to give away Gold and Silver Rings they find :laughing9:

SS

Silver Searcher said:
WOODY50 said:
Very nice rings Woody, the first and second especially :o but I can't beleive there are actually two people on here md enought to give away Gold and Silver Rings they find :laughing9:
SS
Ah, SS, you find crazy (say nutty) people all over the world. Now you know two.

I've only found 1 gold ring so far,luckily it had a 1904 Birmingham date stamp on it so that I could post a photo here.

18k Woman's monogrammed gold ring

P1030242.jpg

Junk Woody said:
I've only found 1 gold ring so far,luckily it had a 1904 Birmingham date stamp on it so that I could post a photo here.

18k Woman's monogrammed gold ring

P1030242.jpg
Nice Ring :) and first post I see, welcome to Treasure Net :notworthy: hope you find more nice things to show us :icon_thumleft:

SS

I believe this is 1880's or so based on the finds associated with it. Appears to be hand made.

Attachments

• DSC04227.jpg
    DSC04227.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 905
  • DSC04226.jpg
    DSC04226.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 910
:o

Wow yes I agree with the date :o great find :notworthy: :icon_thumleft:

SS

Silver Searcher said:
WOODY50 said:

Photo one, found at the bottom of a dike when workers were busy with removing ground. IT was quite deep before the ground was removed.
Very nice rings Woody, the first and second especially :o but I can't believe there are actually two people on here mad enough to give away Gold and Silver Rings they find :laughing9:

SS
Well to answer your last statement, giving away gold an silver rings. For a few years I searched beaches here in Holland, finding current money and other stuff. The money I saved for my son's education, and since I found anyware between 100 guldens and 250 guldens (Its hard to say how much this is in dollars because the euro replaced the gulden and the rates have been changing all the time) everytime I searched before long it really added up. When I had about 20,000 gulders I sort of stopped searching on the beaches, because I thought that was enough, and I am really only interested in things older than 1700. I only searched on the days following (or VERY early mornings) very hot weather, and mostly Sunday and Monday mornings. Anyway, I put my kid through school that way, he got his bachelor's degree.

During all that searching I came across, well, everything you expect to find on the beach. Rings, well they never interested me very much. Gold prices were not so high, so that was not so interesting back then. My friend, who does all the restoration work for me has 4 small children at home, and since most of the rings were small I gave the most of them to him for his children. Also many silver rings. What was over I gave to people who visited, just had a bowl that they could grab what they wanted. Like I said, I am not interested in modern things, and they were not (the gold) worth much back then. Made a lot of kids happy I guess.. (forgot to say, my wife had the first choice of all the stuff, so she also has a box full of them, mostly only the gold).

MT Pockets said:
Here's mine...

I found it in Pittsburgh where the Old Armory was located... it was nestled between the roots of an old tree..

It's missing a stone. :'(
I'm glad I added the Bronze to this thread, that's a very nice ring with super Patina :headbang:

SS

WOODY50 said:
Silver Searcher said:
WOODY50 said:

Photo one, found at the bottom of a dike when workers were busy with removing ground. IT was quite deep before the ground was removed.
Very nice rings Woody, the first and second especially :o but I can't believe there are actually two people on here mad enough to give away Gold and Silver Rings they find :laughing9:

SS
Well to answer your last statement, giving away gold an silver rings. For a few years I searched beaches here in Holland, finding current money and other stuff. The money I saved for my son's education, and since I found anyware between 100 guldens and 250 guldens (Its hard to say how much this is in dollars because the euro replaced the gulden and the rates have been changing all the time) everytime I searched before long it really added up. When I had about 20,000 gulders I sort of stopped searching on the beaches, because I thought that was enough, and I am really only interested in things older than 1700. I only searched on the days following (or VERY early mornings) very hot weather, and mostly Sunday and Monday mornings. Anyway, I put my kid through school that way, he got his bachelor's degree.

During all that searching I came across, well, everything you expect to find on the beach. Rings, well they never interested me very much. Gold prices were not so high, so that was not so interesting back then. My friend, who does all the restoration work for me has 4 small children at home, and since most of the rings were small I gave the most of them to him for his children. Also many silver rings. What was over I gave to people who visited, just had a bowl that they could grab what they wanted. Like I said, I am not interested in modern things, and they were not (the gold) worth much back then. Made a lot of kids happy I guess.. (forgot to say, my wife had the first choice of all the stuff, so she also has a box full of them, mostly only the gold).
:D

I was just yanking you and Cru's chain a bit Woddy :laughing9: the first Gold ring that you posted is a absolute stunner :o it looks Medieval :thumbsup:

SS

Silver Searcher said:
I was just yanking you and Cru's chain a bit Woddy :laughing9: the first Gold ring that you posted is a absolute stunner :o it looks Medieval :thumbsup:
SS
Yea SS, I figured that! But I thought I would reply anyway and answer where I found all my rings and what happened to them.

The first ring, well I have yet to have it dated, have to find a good person to do that sometime. I was working a dike pretty close to home, a very old dike from, yes, from the Medieval times.
The govt was strengthening the dike, like they are doing all over Holland at this point in time due to the thought that the seas will rise. This was not a sea dike, but a reclamed land dike, so land inwards. But if a sea dike would ever break, the inwards dikes must be able to withstand the sea at a higher level.

They had scraped away the first layer on the dike, and then were adding a special clay layer to it and smoothing it down. Then they would replace the dirt they took off, and plant grass again. (The clay, when it hardens is waterproof and tough, so it helps stabilize the dike)

Well anyway after quite a few hours searching on the side of the dike (before they applied the clay) I got tired and went below. Why did I get tired, well the sides were steep, it was a bit on the rainy side so it was slippery and standing with one leg higher than the other all the time wears you down. Also you have the detector in one hand, the shovel in the other. So you get a nice signal, ok. Dig it. But how, can't lay down the detector, it would slide below. So its a balancing act, making a hole, trying not to lose your detector and shovel (and yourself), and then you get a shovel full out and before you can stop it, it rolls below. So if the signal has gone, its sliding down the side and searching there, then climbing back up. Really quite hard, and I am a seasoned detector. I had found mostly coins, from about the 17th century, and a few older coins and relics. But the ceramic pieces I came across were quite early so I kept looking.

Anyway I was a bit worn out, so went below to search the soil, and had not gone 4 steps and got a good double bounce signal. I thought pullring or ring. Anyway it was easy to see when I turned the big clod over, it stuck out a small bit, and I knew at once, GOLD! It is a type of ring I have never seen, so I don't have any idea about it. I searched the area around the ring but found nothing else. This ring was not worn for any period of time, it is sharp and not at all worn. The poor girl who lost it!

One person who saw the photos and the marks replied :

Gold Marks:
Amsterdam
The second mark is a Sun
The third mark is the Dutch Lion
The last mark looks like an O
19mm round

The ring you have found is a nice one. I think certainly before 1600.
I still have to look the marks up. I would have to see the marks in
person to evaluate them. Looking at your drawing I can see the mark
of Amsterdam very clearly.

Yes it is very difficult working the slopes Woody :P the Child's Ring I started the thread with came from a slope also, I found it were the A1(Dere Street) which is a Roman road, was being turned into a three lane Motorway. The field adjacent to the road had been scraped back and a mound of the soil had been formed to allow the tracked vehicles to move on, it was about 12 feet high with steep sloping sides, it was the only signal on the slope :o

SS

Re: Post Your Best Gold/Silver Ring(over 100years Old)

Muddyhandz said:
Some real nice rings here! :thumbsup:
Well, I do have a lot of rings from the fur trade that are very old and valuable but I think I will pick out something different. This ring is not even from the fur trade but it is Victorian and is in mint condition. This silver ring was found at an extremely hunted out park (Assiniboine park) about 4 years ago. The park was made over 100 years ago and it had no trees in it's beginning. Thinking outside the box, I headed into the bushes and found a good handful of old coins and this ring. I haven't been able to figure out what the stone is but it is really nice. Almost turquoise-like. The ring is stamped sterling.
I certainly have more rings to post, but I have always liked this one and wanted to show it first. I think I will post my fur trade ones in that section of this forum.
Cheers,
Dave.
Too bad the picture is not focused better, from what I can make out, the stone could be malachite.
In any case, it is quite beautiful as well as unusual. Congrats!!

:hello:

This one I just found :) not as old as the outhers..1908 but a nice ring with a small saphire I think, and 9kt Gold :icon_thumleft:

SS

Attachments

• Gold Ring 010.JPG
    Gold Ring 010.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 735
  • Gold Ring 001.JPG
    Gold Ring 001.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 731
  • Gold Ring 001.JPG
    Gold Ring 001.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 712
  • Gold Ring 010.JPG
    Gold Ring 010.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 698
Very nice ring SS, good find! Can you tell me what the silver marks mean?

mile-ender said:
WOODY50 said:
Gold marks.
E.V. would be the maker.
9 and .375 are the karat indication.
The anchor is for Birmingham.
And the i is the date mark in this case, as SS says 1908
Check out this link for a better understanding - http://www.britishhallmarkingcouncil.gov.uk/publications/hallmarks2.pdf
Thanks for the information SS, will check out the site.
Didn't know if the ring was gold or silver from the photo....

WOODY50 said:
mile-ender said:
WOODY50 said:
Gold marks.
E.V. would be the maker.
Check out this link for a better understanding - http://www.britishhallmarkingcouncil.gov.uk/publications/hallmarks2.pdf
I wish I were SS - He gets some pretty sweet finds :D

mile-ender said:
WOODY50 said:
mile-ender said:
WOODY50 said:
Gold marks.
E.V. would be the maker.
I wish I were SS - He gets some pretty sweet finds :D
I have been blessed with some good luck :icon_thumleft:

SS

WOODY50 said:
mile-ender said:
WOODY50 said:
Gold marks.
E.V. would be the maker.
Yes the picture doesn't show the Gold, easily mistake it for a Silver Ring :) I think the stone could well be a small Saphire :)

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back