Potential pawn shop find. What is it? Worth?

LeeOregon

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

I found this for sale at a relativly local pawn shop, and got them to send me a few more detailed pictures. To me it sure looks like this: 2.5 Stroke Honda Engine & Pump: Keene Engineering Online

IMG_5073[1].JPG

If so, do you think it would be worth the $500 tag they have on it? Of course, the $500 seems to include a highbanker/spraybar setup, a pile of pans/classifiers and various mats, hoses and I think a foot valve.

Lee

Last edited:

DawgBus

Aug 19, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems steep for my own area. I'm in Bozeman, MT area. I could get that pump on the floating backpack dredge for $200 more. You're in OR I assume (your name)?

apdp

Dec 7, 2010
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think if it is a complete highbank setup around $350. I'm is SW OR and I would probably be interested.

OP
OP
L

LeeOregon

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There we go, I got it to add pictures finally lol.

Yes, I am in Oregon. Ive got a Honda MX10 thats working nicely, as a pump in general I mean. But it doesnt put out enough volume or pressure to run a 2" dredge, even with my self designed infinity injection.

This thing ought to have enough oomph to though, right? I think I saw a youtube video somewhere where a guy was running a 2" dredge with a stock Honda MX15 pump. The keene replacement here, a p90 I think, ought to do the job even better, as well as being able to perform as a high banking pump, I think?

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The p90 will run a 21/2" suction nozzle and a 12"x4' sluice box as well as a hibanker setup. Your attachments are not working for me so I have no idea what is included and their condition or the condition of the pump and motor. The setup may be worth $500, but would be a crap shoot without running the motor and pump. Offer less if the "fever" gets ahold of you.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
It looks like you have a 2 inch line hooked to that pump. It should be using a 1 1/2 inch line . That could be why the low suction/pressure problem on your pump. Try reducing the line size to the 1 1/2 hose.... I had the Keene pictured eng/pump you linked to your post and it did a wonderful job on my 2 inch dredge. I had the 1 1/2 inch line on mine.

OP
OP
L

LeeOregon

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1111.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5073[1].JPG
    IMG_5073[1].JPG
    930.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LeeOregon

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, does this attachment work then?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread