Potential pawn shop find. What is it? Worth?

LeeOregon

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

I found this for sale at a relativly local pawn shop, and got them to send me a few more detailed pictures. To me it sure looks like this: 2.5 Stroke Honda Engine & Pump: Keene Engineering Online

IMG_5073[1].JPG

If so, do you think it would be worth the $500 tag they have on it? Of course, the $500 seems to include a highbanker/spraybar setup, a pile of pans/classifiers and various mats, hoses and I think a foot valve.

Lee

Last edited:
Seems steep for my own area. I'm in Bozeman, MT area. I could get that pump on the floating backpack dredge for $200 more. You're in OR I assume (your name)?

I would think if it is a complete highbank setup around $350. I'm is SW OR and I would probably be interested.

There we go, I got it to add pictures finally lol.

Yes, I am in Oregon. Ive got a Honda MX10 thats working nicely, as a pump in general I mean. But it doesnt put out enough volume or pressure to run a 2" dredge, even with my self designed infinity injection.

This thing ought to have enough oomph to though, right? I think I saw a youtube video somewhere where a guy was running a 2" dredge with a stock Honda MX15 pump. The keene replacement here, a p90 I think, ought to do the job even better, as well as being able to perform as a high banking pump, I think?

The p90 will run a 21/2" suction nozzle and a 12"x4' sluice box as well as a hibanker setup. Your attachments are not working for me so I have no idea what is included and their condition or the condition of the pump and motor. The setup may be worth $500, but would be a crap shoot without running the motor and pump. Offer less if the "fever" gets ahold of you.

It looks like you have a 2 inch line hooked to that pump. It should be using a 1 1/2 inch line . That could be why the low suction/pressure problem on your pump. Try reducing the line size to the 1 1/2 hose.... I had the Keene pictured eng/pump you linked to your post and it did a wonderful job on my 2 inch dredge. I had the 1 1/2 inch line on mine.

1111.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5073[1].JPG
    IMG_5073[1].JPG
    930.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Alright, does this attachment work then?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back