What's new

pottery inkwell

moah4me

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2011
Messages
46
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
caledonia new york
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I picked this up while metal detecting a plowed field next to a cellar hole. This is my first pottery inkwell and was very happy when i picked it up and saw that it was whole. It does have two small chips on it but for being in a field in my belief its in wonderfull shape.


Thanks for looking
Moah
 

Attachments

  • ink well 1.webp
    ink well 1.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,163
  • ink well 2.webp
    ink well 2.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 972
That is a sweet lil inkwell :icon_thumleft:

Any markings on it? Any idea to the age?

I too think it is in awesome shape for being in or near a field that has been plowed.

:D
 
Nice ink. It is a wonder that it is whole after being in a plowed field. I like it!
 
I have never seen one made of clay. Nice!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom