What's new

Powder flask ID please

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at an 1800s homesite. Can anyone give me a date range and more info on it. Assuming it's not military?
 

Attachments

  • 20190327_143529.webp
    20190327_143529.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • 20190327_143522.webp
    20190327_143522.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • 20190327_143517.webp
    20190327_143517.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
That's a very cool find.

I can't really help with the age but I would guess mid-1800s.
 
Upvote 0
nice flask rotated and an few adjustments
powder flask (2).webp looks like a hunting scene on the flask

here's a pic of the one I found yours looks whole to me I only got halfpower flask.webp great find hh chug
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Answered in your other post.
 
Upvote 0
Yours is listed on page 319 ID No. 600 in my copy of The Powder Flask Book by Ray Riling as being a flask in the category of "Dead Game," but there isn't any discussion as to the maker. circa 1865-1872.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom