What's new

Poweball 800 Million

Ya I think the person wanting to play all the combinations would have to start early getting slips filled out and would have to get hundreds of people to play them in a lot of different lottery places. I wonder if it can be done, and What would it cost them?

Miss beepbeep.... That is EXACTLY how it would be done. Your spot on lady (so says an $8.00 winner :BangHead:). It would take a huge organization with all tickets filled out long in advance. But "they" then bet against multiple winners then also... hard to do.
 
I am lining up folks now to fill out all possible combination tickets around the country now.... problem is I need a little more help. Treasure Hunters and mine winning of $20.00 together will need a bit of help... just saying. Just a little...:laughing9:
 
I am lining up folks now to fill out all possible combination tickets around the country now.... problem is I need a little more help. Treasure Hunters and mine winning of $20.00 together will need a bit of help... just saying. Just a little...:laughing9:

There are 292,201,338 different combinations, at $2.00 each you would need $584,402,676 to buy every combination.

If we had done so we would have lost about 400 million dollars...


"How much will the Powerball jackpot winners get?
Posted 7:06 am, January 14, 2016, by CNN Wire

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney) — Three winners have claimed the $1.5 billion Powerball jackpot. But calculating their actual winnings isn’t easy as dividing by three.

The lump-sum cash value of the jackpot was $930 million. Split three ways, each winner would start with $310 million.

Then they have to subtract taxes. In that regard, each of the winners is extra lucky, because none will have to pay income taxes to their states.

The big jackpot winners were from California, Florida and Tennessee. That’s fortuitous for the winners: Neither Florida nor Tennessee has a state income tax, and a decades-old California law exempts lottery winners from paying the 12.3% state tax.

They’ll still need to pay 39.6% in federal income taxes on their prizes. After giving Uncle Sam his share, each will take home $187.2 million.

So what should they do with that money? The safest investment might be to put it into a 30 year government bond. With a 2.85% yield, each winner would get about $4.2 million a year to live on for the next 30 years.

They could also use the money to buy 6.2 million barrels of oil, 1.9 million shares of Apple or 171,560 ounces of gold."

http://whnt.com/2016/01/14/how-much-will-the-powerball-jackpot-winners-get/
 
Last edited:
in the early days drug kingpin laundry folks could walk into the lotto headquarters with 292 million and say --I want to play all the number combos ..to "cover the spread" so to speak so you will win it 100% for sure once the money level gets high enough with the mandatory taxes are figured in ...it was a great way to clean up "dirty money" ...so it was banned to prevent buying the lotto ---also works at dog tracks --$364 buys a All -All- All trifecta cover ticket for games that have a forced payout --(twin tri or tri super) say it hits 50,000 and becomes "capped" and thus must be paid out to the "winner pool" --if no one hits the second half exactly --by buying in --if say 50 folks hit the exchange but no body hit the back half exactly --everyone gets 1.000 bucks minus 280 for taxes --that's $720 for a $364 buck investment basically you double your cash ...at say 100 exchangers you break even.
 
Last edited:
I hear we are unfreezing & returning 100 billion....think they'd miss a little? :eek::D:sly:

It just has to be your turn to get lucky...Like limitool, & TH! :D
I consider myself lucky if I get anything back!

The words of wisdom on my coffee cup..."Get rich quick, count your blessings"

....does the OP live in CA, TN, or FL?
 
Last edited:
I hope that's a joke, there would be riots in the streets, and people would boycott the lottery.
 
there would be blood ...lots and lots of it
 
There are 292,201,338 different combinations, at $2.00 each you would need $584,402,676 to buy every combination.

If we had done so we would have lost about 400 million dollars...

Yea... I know. I didn't look up or do the math like your post... but when it gets that high you run into the risk of multiple winners making you a loser!
 
So did anyone here win any thing? I worked in three states this past week, bought a ticket in Virgina, North Carolina and South Carolina. Won 4 bucks from South Carolina! I'm on a hot streak! :headbang:
 
So did anyone here win any thing? I worked in three states this past week, bought a ticket in Virgina, North Carolina and South Carolina. Won 4 bucks from South Carolina! I'm on a hot streak! :headbang:

I won $12.00 on $10.00 worth of tkts..... Just enough to retire for about 10 mins....
 
I won $12.00 on $10.00 worth of tkts..... Just enough to retire for about 10 mins....

Five minutes....inflation!

You and anyone who got anything back, did better than I.
 
Well now.... After much thought of not winning last night I'm getting out all my lucky horseshoes and surrounding myself with them while I watch the playoffs today. After I win in a couple of days I'm then going to hire Oregon Viking as my personal driver and fulfill the "honey do" list from Mrs. Limitool. And.... I'm going to hire Miss Msbeepbeep her own personal MD digger guy. I may hire Treasure Hunter as my personal typist for this site also. Many of you other folks are under consideration for select jobs also... I'm still thinking...? :laughing7:

Worldtalker.... You will be in charge of my new wood shop and have permission to buy any equipment you'd like for it. Several packed suitcases full of cash will be available for your purchases. Leave receipt's in cases please.

Well brad, since I'm no longer your driver...Do I get some kind of severance package?:laughing7:
 
Well brad, since I'm no longer your driver...Do I get some kind of severance package?:laughing7:

Well sure buddy.... Hold your breath and run to the mail box and it will arrive soon. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom