I too am just holding them. I'm up over $1,200 now. that's 120,000 copper pennies. At 1 poind for each 145 of them (Approx) it gives me about 825 pounds of copper. :-)
When Jackson Metals starts melting them again and it hits the news bigger then we'll see the copper cents go up in value. The article yesterday said the house passed a bill to change the penny to mostly steel. That too will increase the value. pennies of all sorts will start to go up in value, as the steel ones come out and the "old" penny starts to disappear (over a LONG period of time probably). But the copper ones may get extra exposure at that time, and start trading more for their real value.
Plus if Jackson hires 20 - 30 people to cull copper full time, that is going to affect the market like he has already done to silver halves. many markets are DONE for the most past on silver halves. I"m up to 28 skunk boxes in a row. I get some NIFC, but that is all. And I stopped my orders for the most part, only getting 4 boxes this week (All skunks, of course). I think Jackson wiped out the Phoenix market when he took all the coins available , ran them through his machine, and hten returned them without their silver. Now, the few I get are striaght from the banks, in loose change that just came in, or somewhere else like that.
So horde your copper pennies. I think it will be only one more year before you can do well on them. (The 100 year anniversary of the lincoln cent)
:-)