What's new

Pre Silver Dollar Hunts. Coppers, Silvers, Wheats Tokens Relics And More

JerV3

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
5,720
Reaction score
2,618
Golden Thread
1
Location
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone

Don't wanna wear out my welcome lol. Before making the incredible silver dollar cache these are the items recovered over a few hunts prior to locating the silver dollars. The area was already producing witch led me to the recovery of the cache.

I needed to clean up these finds so I figured I'd share them with you guys. My wife's giving me the I'm tiered of seeing your finds taking up my kitchen.

On one particular hunt I was at a cook out at my mothers recently moved into rental house. For the heck of it you know me I had to scan the yard. One hr prior my brother hits it with a dfx pulls some clad and two wheats

I fire up the etrac and 10 minutes in a find a copper at 10 inches in bone dry soil with a nail directly underneath it. It is very worn but appears to have some kind of bust on it

Am I seeing things. Can anyone id it if possible. Looks pretty darn old to me.

Thanks

HH Jer
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    445 KB · Views: 196
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    402.9 KB · Views: 197
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    596.4 KB · Views: 217
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    621.9 KB · Views: 203
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    471.1 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 34
Great finds! That's a real nice assortment of targets. Plenty of keepers.
 
b271f4b15b2f3da858e785a6edc3d3f4.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
Thanks

Yeah I know the one on the right is a braided hair lc. I'm curious about the one to the left of the large cent. Coin is around the same size as a matron head. I haven't compared it to one. I'm thinking earlier large cent possibly. Just extremely worn
 
I'm an idiot. I thought it was the same coin, just a front and back photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
is there anything on the other side? Could just be the flaking away of metal making it look like a design
 
Killer selection of finds.

I like the Barbers and SLQ... very well played sir.

Best of luck to you... Silver Dollar Boy!
 
You can try to do a pencil etching on the large copper. Sometimes it brings out details and dates a little better than just looking at it with your eyes. Nice coins.
 
I'm curious how the Indian Nickles look so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
From the looks of your latest hunt,and the previous one with all those silver dollars it appears you are on your way to becoming the best hunter in your area.
 
Can't help on the copper Jeremy, but the fact that you found it there may indicate there is a colonial site nearby.
 
Thanks guys

lol no thrifty I'm the second lol. There's this guy in my area that finds like 600 silvers a yr. I bump into him from time to time in the park. He doesn't get it all though.

This place has been producing on and off for the past 15 yrs. Its really a matter of finding the right locations in this place

I believe there will be more to follow from this site. Gonna take a few hunters through the area this weekend see what we can come up with

Yeah the copper is really circulated. Might be Canadian large cent. At one point it was a coin

Yes Steve I thought the same thing. I didn't have a lot of time to hunt the place. She had a extra lot on her land that I believe had a house there at one point. I'll return in the future and dig more. The ground was rock solid that day

HH Jer
 
Last edited:
Awesome coin and relic hunt, congratulations! The relics are in great shape...good job on the preservation! :occasion14:
 
Thanks

The nickles get tumbled so do most of the relics. Most of the time the items are eaten up pretty good. Tumbling the stuff makes them presentable again for shadow boxes

Ill be back soon with more

HH Jer
 
Thanks

The nickles get tumbled so do most of the relics. Most of the time the items are eaten up pretty good. Tumbling the stuff makes them presentable again for shadow boxes

Ill be back soon with more

HH Jer
All the Indian heads I've pulled out are tarnished pink in color. Does tumbling bring back the nickel look?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
 
Yes red and pink is a great patina for them cleaning up well. After there tumbled you can hit them with some metal polish and they'll really shine

HH Jer
 
Yes red and pink is a great patina for them cleaning up well. After there tumbled you can hit them with some metal polish and they'll really shine

HH Jer

Looks like someone was questioning if you really dig them Lol Gave me a good chuckle for sure. I might be able to get out tomorrow morning if your around. You got me into tumbling every non key date coin and relic after seeing all your finds in the past
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom