BlacksmithTom

Greenie
Dec 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Bounty Hunter Tracker IV; Minelab Gofind 60
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 4 year old and I were cleaning out the detectors bag for our trip to Ireland and he started asking questions about it, so I said, here I'll show you how it works. I turned it on did a few sweeps and I got a low buzz. I pin pointed it and started to dig, this is what we found. 10k, not sure if the stone is real or not, but a neat find before we vacate the house.
ring find 1.jpg ring find 2.jpg

Upvote 12

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful old ring, I'd say somewhere around 1900. My bet is that the stone is a diamond.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats awesome.Lucky you.Congrats.HH.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A going away gift.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus you just re-enforced the knowledge that "Daddy can do anything" in your child's mind! Good work.

OP
OP
B

BlacksmithTom

Greenie
Dec 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, yes when I first found it my first thought was brass washer, then as the dirt crumbled away my little boy gasped and yelled, "We found treasure! Can I take it to mom? MOM! We found treasure!" I do believe another hobbyist has been created....lol I know that once we get settled in Ireland and we go out searching and find some of the awesome stuff you can find in Ireland I'll probably be handing my detector down to him after I buy a new one. :icon_thumright:

CaptainPooka

Greenie
Feb 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have been an awesome experience for the kid. My AT pro will be in today. Maybe I should start in my yard? :) Can't wait! Great find!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome parting gift. Stone looks real.

You will be lucky if he lets you "borrow" your detector ! Lol!

OP
OP
B

BlacksmithTom

Greenie
Dec 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trip is going to be permanent Msbeepbeep, my wife has heat reactive MS and needs a cooler climate and healthcare that has now become too expensive here in the U.S. so Ireland will be our new home. I'll post my finds from there for all to envy.

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Well you've certainly proved you have the luck of the Irish! Nice find well done!

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Your son has the gift. He is serious good luck. Can we borrow him on our next ring hunt?

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that counts as a Good Sign!!!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Take it slow & easy in your new locale, til you get settled in good! Then fire up your detector to unearth wonderful old relics and coins! :icon_thumleft: I've never been across the oceans, but my sister-in-her law & her hubby have enjoyed living in the small village of Kinsale, Ireland for about six years. They found it easy to find new Irish friends and love the beautiful scenery. They do revisit USA every year to keep in touch with family & our beautiful country here. Best wishes for your family and especially for your wife's good health. Andi

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, best wishes for you and your family. Great find!

OP
OP
B

BlacksmithTom

Greenie
Dec 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have been an awesome experience for the kid. My AT pro will be in today. Maybe I should start in my yard? :) Can't wait! Great find!

Definitely start in your backyard! There was a little boy in England that got a detector for Christmas and was trying it out in his backyard and found a gold pendant that contained pieces of Christ crown of thorns. It was worth over 3 million pounds...so yes, you should always detect in your backyard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread