What's new

Prepare for Armageddon

SteveDodds

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
344
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I had a dream last night. My family and I were barricaded in one of the upstairs rooms in my house sticking rifles out the window shooting zombies that were trying to get to us and eat us. Afterwards, I got to thinking if I should be preparing for Armageddon. Not necessarily for zombies but for some sort of disaster that causes mass hysteria. I am thinking of stockpiling ammo, food, water, etc. I am curious if any of you here in Tnet land have done this.

I remember when 9/11 happened. In my little town of about 300 people, everybody from town and from the nearest bigger town poured into the local gas station. There was a line of cars about 3 city blocks long. They took all the gas that the store had. Apparently it doesn't take much for society has a whole to fall into some sort of mass hysteria. What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.
 
SteveDodds said:
What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.


Yep, I plan on being a year closer to retirement......I learned a long time ago to live life and not fear the future, life is a lot more fun that way............ I am not worried about 2012, astroids, tidal waves or earthquakes, after the hurricanes of 2004 life is too short to worry.....
 
well ,9 11 is still fresh ,sounds like the new tv program..zombies you say..well say something you want to live for and not dribble..ZOMBIES ha ha ha ha ha
 
Always a good idea to be as prepared as you can. Period!

Zombies eh? What did you eat for dinner? :laughing7:
 
Yep I think your right, so did Nostradomis and the Mayans. Read the book of Daniel and of course My man's John's book as well as Revelations. We may not know the time or the hour but we are charged with knowing the signs and being ready. I hope that I as well as my family will be told to "Come Hither", so that we may be spared the horrors yet to come. Peace be with you and yours. The Plumber.
 
It does sometimes feel that the world society is heading for some kind of mass collapse. Should something happen in 2012, it is either by pure chance...or the UN will use it as an excuse to initiate the NWO that's been talked about for so long now. Predicted end of days have come and gone many, many times over the past 20 centuries. However, due to some of the more plausible scientific theories that have been established around what 'potentially' could happen in 2010, I take this possible 'doomsday' prophecy a little more seriously. If something earth-shattering does happen, there is probably nothing we can do about it. But, it doesn't hurt to be well-armed, and well-stocked SHOULD something indeed happen and we manage to survive. I guess this falls under the "expect the worst and hope for the best" senario.

The Mayan calendar ending next year is probalby just that: the end of a cycle that will start over just like our yearly calendar starts over when it ends every year. But...what if it isn't???
:read2:
 
that is the mayan theory when one calendar cycle ends a new one begins i say the only reason they didnt make a new one is that they were to war based of a society and killed each other off no one to make a new makes sence the end of time tthhhhhpppppppppp we will wake up and still be going to work to pay more taxes
 
SteveDodds said:
I had a dream last night. My family and I were barricaded in one of the upstairs rooms in my house sticking rifles out the window shooting zombies that were trying to get to us and eat us. Afterwards, I got to thinking if I should be preparing for Armageddon. Not necessarily for zombies but for some sort of disaster that causes mass hysteria. I am thinking of stockpiling ammo, food, water, etc. I am curious if any of you here in Tnet land have done this.

I remember when 9/11 happened. In my little town of about 300 people, everybody from town and from the nearest bigger town poured into the local gas station. There was a line of cars about 3 city blocks long. They took all the gas that the store had. Apparently it doesn't take much for society has a whole to fall into some sort of mass hysteria. What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.

Paranoia? Noooooooooo...it's the "American way"! After all...who knows if Orson Welles successor will do another live reading of "war of the worlds" and the country ends up in uproar again? :o
You'll feel much better holed up in the woods or mountains with your family, armoury and strings of Claymore mines. Those lil' green men and zombies will find out that a traditional American welcome can be quite an eye opener!

Go for it! :icon_thumright:
 
I'm almost Prepaired

I Have Plenty of Gingerale & Coffee
Just gotta get my Detector Back
from Minelab & Some snacks &
I'll be ready to take on the world :headbang:

In all Seriousness
just think of all the Cool sites to detect
& Treasurehunt after :hello2:

First things first ....
Confiscate a Wallmart & Gas station :sign13:
(food,Batteries, auto parts & gasoline)

1231371697m46X76c.webpPripyat,_Ukraine,_abandoned_city.webp1450.webppripyat.webp
 
jeff of pa said:
In all Seriousness
just think of all the Cool sites to detect
& Treasurehunt after :hello2:

But who'll be left to respond when you post the finds here?

Then, we are pretty vulnerable to a zombie attack, all alone, concentrating and wearing headphones. Ripe pickings I say.

I think Dano has the right idea. :hello2:

:laughing7:
 
texastee2007 said:
but Jeff what will you spend it on?

Dosn't matter The Banner will look like this

AEG3FKMCAJN5XNECAJMQI4NCANZPI0SCAI364UBCA5ACH9OCAC4QAOHCA40C7ZHCATQ89VPCAGHXKI7CAPEYWTWCAO417...webpAG903U0CAW7A2HOCAZN4UNDCA5J95OXCASTK71HCA582WGVCALA0QKKCA83C6BSCADOKSVLCAM097WHCAHCWYYDCAEFAN...webpimages.webpAVVRJ0UCA2I6A2FCACUCFYRCAY9RIA3CAXL4S40CAW258CWCA7U1IT3CAMXKRJ4CABCYWXTCAXQ5A9QCA9U95DACA8J4Q...webpA07XDG9CATHF8MJCAXTRZ5MCA9K9HWXCA2L0HV7CA3K2237CAXSE85HCASAGQOJCAX9MLY1CASRASC8CA7MLUFUCA7SR3...webpAUN5MWHCAM4ZOIQCAIUVMGMCANC7U3ECA04M95ACAW3YYODCAPJA5F9CAL5LYOZCA3TZBTOCA5DJ574CA6R0X86CAM9JZ...webpA3F5L23CAEC229SCAWQXSWLCAUD78WLCAKZYKFLCAA5B5TFCAOFZ95KCAUW8JGQCAMG1LZHCAO4POP4CA5FV648CAZ5ZG...webpA3UP0WCCA32AULFCARECL02CAGEO33LCAMOW98JCAJGXKQSCADMH4D2CA6XJIXGCAD632XPCA286M0BCA6M9GR9CASUYJ...webp
& it will be

MINE !

ALL MINE !

I TELL YA !!!!!
​
 
....What about the 2012 baloney? Are any of you preparing for that? I realize this post might seem kinda silly and paranoid.

Too much to worry about. No way you are getting out of town no matter how much gas you have. Highways are always clogged in every disaster.

Folks who rely on meds to survive will last as long as their pills hold out. For me, that's 30 days since I can't get more than that at one time. Insurance.

All the rest ... food, survival gear etc. Don't have and couldn't afford it anyway.

I'd rather die in my own back yard than starve somewhere else. But that's just me. :)
BB
 
jeff of pa said:
texastee2007 said:
but Jeff what will you spend it on?

Dosn't matter The Banner will look like this










& it will be

MINE !

ALL MINE !

I TELL YA !!!!!
​

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Well I vote Banner now. :laughing7:
 
A couple of Jeff's pictures look like Pripyat, a real life Armageddon town.
 
My husband and I always joke it's gonna be about that time for "Morgan, let us in...!!!" You know, like 'Last Man On Earth' with Vincent Price? People are already starting to look like zombies down at the grocery stores.
 
"Moooorgaaannn....Let us IN MooRGANNNNN."
 
SteveDodds said:
I had a dream last night. My family and I were barricaded in one of the upstairs rooms in my house sticking rifles out the window shooting zombies that were trying to get to us and eat us. Afterwards, I got to thinking if I should be preparing for Armageddon. Not necessarily for zombies but for some sort of disaster that causes mass hysteria. I am thinking of stockpiling ammo, food, water, etc. I am curious if any of you here in Tnet land have done this.

you should always try to prepare for disasters "I am thinking of stockpiling ammo, food, water, etc." is a start. I live in hurricane country and have enough food and water for a month, be sure to have extra medicine and toilet paper.

Top 100 Items to Disappear First During a National Emergency

1. Generators (Good ones cost dearly. Gas storage, risky. Noisy...target of thieves; maintenance etc.)
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets
4. Seasoned Firewood. Wood takes about 6 - 12 months to become dried, for home uses.
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps (First Choice: Buy CLEAR oil. If scarce, stockpile ANY!)
6. Coleman Fuel. Impossible to stockpile too much.
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats & Slingshots.
8. Hand-can openers, & hand egg beaters, whisks.
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugar
10. Rice - Beans - Wheat
11. Vegetable Oil (for cooking) Without it food burns/must be boiled etc.,)
12. Charcoal, Lighter Fluid (Will become scarce suddenly)
13. Water Containers (Urgent Item to obtain.) Any size. Small: HARD CLEAR PLASTIC ONLY - note - food grade if for drinking.
16. Propane Cylinders (Urgent: Definite shortages will occur.)
17. Survival Guide Book.
18. Mantles: Aladdin, Coleman, etc. (Without this item, longer-term lighting is difficult.)
19. Baby Supplies: Diapers/formula. ointments/aspirin, etc.
20. Washboards, Mop Bucket w/wringer (for Laundry)
21. Cookstoves (Propane, Coleman & Kerosene)
22. Vitamins
23. Propane Cylinder Handle-Holder (Urgent: Small canister use is dangerous without this item)
24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products.
25. Thermal underwear (Tops & Bottoms)
26. Bow saws, axes and hatchets, Wedges (also, honing oil)
27. Aluminum Foil Reg. & Heavy Duty (Great Cooking and Barter Item)
28. Gasoline Containers (Plastic & Metal)
29. Garbage Bags (Impossible To Have Too Many).
30. Toilet Paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels
31. Milk - Powdered & Condensed (Shake Liquid every 3 to 4 months)
32. Garden Seeds (Non-Hybrid) (A MUST)
33. Clothes pins/line/hangers (A MUST)
34. Coleman's Pump Repair Kit
35. Tuna Fish (in oil)
36. Fire Extinguishers (or..large box of Baking Soda in every room)
37. First aid kits
38. Batteries (all sizes...buy furthest-out for Expiration Dates)
39. Garlic, spices & vinegar, baking supplies
40. Big Dogs (and plenty of dog food)
41. Flour, yeast & salt
42. Matches. {"Strike Anywhere" preferred.) Boxed, wooden matches will go first
43. Writing paper/pads/pencils, solar calculators
44. Insulated ice chests (good for keeping items from freezing in Wintertime.)
45. Workboots, belts, Levis & durable shirts
46. Flashlights/LIGHTSTICKS & torches, "No. 76 Dietz" Lanterns
47. Journals, Diaries & Scrapbooks (jot down ideas, feelings, experience; Historic Times)
48. Garbage cans Plastic (great for storage, water, transporting - if with wheels)
49. Men's Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc
50. Cast iron cookware (sturdy, efficient)
51. Fishing supplies/tools
52. Mosquito coils/repellent, sprays/creams
53. Duct Tape
54. Tarps/stakes/twine/nails/rope/spikes
55. Candles
56. Laundry Detergent (liquid)
57. Backpacks, Duffel Bags
58. Garden tools & supplies
59. Scissors, fabrics & sewing supplies
60. Canned Fruits, Veggies, Soups, stews, etc.
61. Bleach (plain, NOT scented: 4 to 6% sodium hypochlorite)
62. Canning supplies, (Jars/lids/wax)
63. Knives & Sharpening tools: files, stones, steel
64. Bicycles...Tires/tubes/pumps/chains, etc
65. Sleeping Bags & blankets/pillows/mats
66. Carbon Monoxide Alarm (battery powered)
67. Board Games, Cards, Dice
68. d-con Rat poison, MOUSE PRUFE II, Roach Killer
69. Mousetraps, Ant traps & cockroach magnets
70. Paper plates/cups/utensils (stock up, folks)
71. Baby wipes, oils, waterless & Antibacterial soap (saves a lot of water)
72. Rain gear, rubberized boots, etc.
73. Shaving supplies (razors & creams, talc, after shave)
74. Hand pumps & siphons (for water and for fuels)
75. Soysauce, vinegar, bullions/gravy/soupbase
76. Reading glasses
77. Chocolate/Cocoa/Tang/Punch (water enhancers)
78. "Survival-in-a-Can"
79. Woolen clothing, scarves/ear-muffs/mittens
80. Boy Scout Handbook, / also Leaders Catalog
81. Roll-on Window Insulation Kit (MANCO)
82. Graham crackers, saltines, pretzels, Trail mix/Jerky
83. Popcorn, Peanut Butter, Nuts
84. Socks, Underwear, T-shirts, etc. (extras)
85. Lumber (all types)
86. Wagons & carts (for transport to and from)
87. Cots & Inflatable mattress's
88. Gloves: Work/warming/gardening, etc.
89. Lantern Hangers
90. Screen Patches, glue, nails, screws,, nuts & bolts
91. Teas
92. Coffee
93. Cigarettes
94. Wine/Liquors (for bribes, medicinal, etc,)
95. Paraffin wax
96. Glue, nails, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
97. Chewing gum/candies
98. Atomizers (for cooling/bathing)
99. Hats & cotton neckerchiefs
100. Livestock
 
I remember when 9/11 happened. In my little town of about 300 people, everybody from town and from the nearest bigger town poured into the local gas station. There was a line of cars about 3 city blocks long.

This is when the gas people figured out that we would pay 5 bucks a gallon if we were forced to.

As for Armageddon... I just plan on eating the neighbors.


Just kidding :D
 
It's wise to put back some food,water and other supplies in case of a disaster. Heck,even in my small town, when a snowflake falls, the grocery stores are swamped with people trying to get food. Just imagine an entirely different scenario where a real disaster hit. Grocery stores would be bare in a few hours, with an unknown restocking date. Thousands of people die every year from floods,hurricanes,tornados,sunamis, and volcanoes. Sometimes even being prepared won't save you, but it might in some cases.I would rather have it, and not need it, then to need it, and not have it. Good Luck. rockhound
 
Beer :occasion14: spirits :occasion16: :coffee2: & Smokes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom