Pretty solid week!!!

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Again, I generally do not post because generally I don't find squat. I primarily search pennies, around $500 or so fv a week.

Anyway, the woman and I just got married, so we had some funds to play with for the week, so my cu ordered me 5 boxes of halves. Was doing 5 boxes of halves a week but we quit after 20 skunked boxes in a row (this is when I switched to doing cents exclusively.)

Anyway, here are the weeks results in total

$1000 bag of dimes - 29 total silvers

2 barber dimes (1905 and 1916)
8 mercury dimes
19 Roosevelt dimes

5 $500 strings and sons boxes of halves - 10 total silvers

1 - 64 Kennedy
9 - 40% Kennedy's

I was real pleased with the halves based on our prior luck with them (which has been horrible), wish we found a couple more 90% and a couple less 40% coins, but can't complain...

The bag of dimes was Real nice as well, my best by far, I've done 4 bags of dimes now, my previous best bag was 11 silvers...

All in all not to shabby of a week!

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
29 silvers? That's an awesome dime bag!!

And u do $500 in pennies/week ? That's 20 boxes... Have a Ryedale? That's alot of pennies! Impressive.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I do have a reydale... There's a bank around here that sells me bags of coin off the machine... So the 500 ish is usually a combination of bagged pennies and some boxes, I much prefer the bags because I have found like 5 or 6 Indian heads, 5 or 6 steel wheaties, a bunch of foreign stuff, and even a foreign coin that was 50% silver.. If you have the chance, bags are obviously far superior than boxes, but it's hard to get them.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the sixpence was Australian, but I can't remember... I googled it when I found it and I know it had silver, I just can't remember which one it was..

The pennies are solid, find about 25% copper on average. I've probably found 75-100 fv in wheats so far as well. I love doing pennies, the wife isn't much of a fan. I haven't had much luck selling the coppers on eBay, probably because I sort out all the Canadians and wheats.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you did very good!! Nice

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the sixpence was Australian, but I can't remember... I googled it when I found it and I know it had silver, I just can't remember which one it was..

Does it look like this:

Australian_1951_sixpence.jpg

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I really don't remember... I found it like 3-4 months ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread