What's new

Price of gold is crazy...

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$3343 as of 7pm - 6/9
but silver been going up crazy too - $36.92
I sold small handful couple of months ago got like $2600 an oz for gold
and like $28 an oz for silver
Wish i had waited
 
Upvote 0
I have never heard this before, Gold is not a currency that one country can manipulate the value of globally ..... Yes .. things we do can affect the price, but we don't CONTROL the price on the global market. The US could pass some kind of legislation that affects Americans, (say like forbidding the sale of personal gold for refining) but it would not affect other countries ... it would affect the price but they can't just go and say "Today we set the price at $10,000"
I'm assuming you haven't heard of GATA !
 
The way you interpret the market is key to your success...
If you want to make some $$$ then sell, and you have achieved your goal,, especially if you need a cash injection. Success.✅
If you are holding for any other reason, then resist the high prices, the long term will see you happy... ✅ success..

My own personal project involves waiting until you can use your accumulated metals to purchase land. I wouldn't part with any for a car or watch or a holiday, but that is my thought system..
In my opinion, Gold vs FIAT currency,, well.... the price of gold is indeed a sign of currency losing value, but it is not the cause of the monetary devaluation, it merely reflects it.. no need to attach any guilt or responsibility to metal ownership !! So selling your stock of increasing value (metals) to buy into a decreasing value currency is a pretty dumb move... unless absolutely necessary.
The rising price is the way of removing the gold from the average Joe, and passing it into the hands of the elite of this world..

The global shift of power is well underway, it is long planned.... and will have a few twists and turns along the way but the shift eastwards is happening. We here in the west are witnessing the the last round of bets in a loaded game,, and you can be sure that under the table there are a few pistols already drawn...

AD
But something we should all remember... we are ALL getting older, time will eventually catch up with us, there will be a point when that "Socked away stash of gold" won't be worth anything to YOU personally because you will be too old or too dead to use it.
For EONS, men have stashed away Gold and Silver for "later" or "just in case" and now WE the hunters are all out looking for that which was stowed and never used.. If I was a betting man, I say the odds are EXTREMLY good that a lot of "Caches" have been lost or destroyed because the owner never recovered it and the property was bulldozed and converted into something else, burying or destroying what was stashed away..
This is sort of my delima, hunting for 40 years, I have things that are "valuable" and could bring cash if sold, but I'm like most people... its worth something so I hold on to it.. right ?
But at 61, how much time do I have to enjoy that money if I continue to hold onto something...
A gold ring might technically be worth $1,000, but its not worth anything accept the Concept of money, in a box in my house.. 🤣
 
But something we should all remember... we are ALL getting older, time will eventually catch up with us, there will be a point when that "Socked away stash of gold" won't be worth anything to YOU personally because you will be too old or too dead to use it.
For EONS, men have stashed away Gold and Silver for "later" or "just in case" and now WE the hunters are all out looking for that which was stowed and never used.. If I was a betting man, I say the odds are EXTREMLY good that a lot of "Caches" have been lost or destroyed because the owner never recovered it and the property was bulldozed and converted into something else, burying or destroying what was stashed away..
This is sort of my delima, hunting for 40 years, I have things that are "valuable" and could bring cash if sold, but I'm like most people... its worth something so I hold on to it.. right ?
But at 61, how much time do I have to enjoy that money if I continue to hold onto something...
A gold ring might technically be worth $1,000, but its not worth anything accept the Concept of money, in a box in my house.. 🤣
I hear ya..
So you fit into my first category of success... sell it and be happy 🏆.. success.
I have kids... so ... unless i hit real hard times,, i'll be keepin it for them ...
AD
 
But something we should all remember... we are ALL getting older, time will eventually catch up with us, there will be a point when that "Socked away stash of gold" won't be worth anything to YOU personally because you will be too old or too dead to use it.
For EONS, men have stashed away Gold and Silver for "later" or "just in case" and now WE the hunters are all out looking for that which was stowed and never used.. If I was a betting man, I say the odds are EXTREMLY good that a lot of "Caches" have been lost or destroyed because the owner never recovered it and the property was bulldozed and converted into something else, burying or destroying what was stashed away..
This is sort of my delima, hunting for 40 years, I have things that are "valuable" and could bring cash if sold, but I'm like most people... its worth something so I hold on to it.. right ?
But at 61, how much time do I have to enjoy that money if I continue to hold onto something...
A gold ring might technically be worth $1,000, but its not worth anything accept the Concept of money, in a box in my house.. 🤣
That is a good advuce on why to sell or not sell anything you have acquired. I'm almost 70 sitting on some silver, valuable artifacts, & art. My wife and I are considering liquidating most of it. We enjoy traveling which requires $$$ and our kids & grandchildren would piss it all away as soon as we're gone.
 
I have heard covid effected the price, no, not initially anyway, if you look at the charts from early 2020 to the end of 2023, in those 4 years, the price remained relatively constant, a fluctuation within $350 or so. People were more worried about staying alive than buying gold, although It did effect prices of goods dramatically, one being the worker shortage.
Feb. 2024 the price started a steep climb, a $1500 jump and still climbing. Of coarse, inflation/economy, weakening dollar, people turn to it (and always have) for an investment that is solid, tangible although the price is getting out of reach.
It is interesting that over half of the gold produced goes into jewelry production.
 
Last edited:
That is a good advuce on why to sell or not sell anything you have acquired. I'm almost 70 sitting on some silver, valuable artifacts, & art. My wife and I are considering liquidating most of it. We enjoy traveling which requires $$$ and our kids & grandchildren would piss it all away as soon as we're gone.
I'm 61, have things I've collected for 40 years and I think about this every day.
My wife who doesn't care much about Metal detecting is 20 years younger and I KNOW she has no clue as to what to do with this if I die tomorrow...
It would probably all get sold as a lot in a yard sale to some lucky sap like me, who finds its interesting and stashes it away just like me ... for whenever.. only to realize when HE turns 70... he didn't take advantage of it either 🤣
And the cycle of treasure hunting goes on..
 
Now $3,433; maybe $4,000 if Iran retaliates??
Don in SoCal
I was just talking to my friend this morning about that..
Also all markets are UP ..
 
I dunno if you guys in the 'new country' are ready to start paying for 'foreign policy' at the filling station ??
We in Europe are used to subsidising in this manner, whether or not we agree !!.. could get messy.....
i think it is on topic, as gold prices are pretty much irrelevant to most folks, but gas prices !!!!! different story
I mean i feel so patriotic at the pump,,, the flow of the overpriced fuel mimics the pride flowing through my veins... i mean my school run is helping to fund the destruction and further the interests of billionaires !!! wooohoooo !!! gimme a flag,, (and a bucket)...🤮
 
I was just talking to my friend this morning about that..
Also all markets are UP ..
Gold went down today and Markets were up. $3396.09
 
It would probably all get sold as a lot in a yard sale to some lucky sap like me, who finds its interesting and stashes it away just like me ... for whenever.. only to realize when HE turns 70... he didn't take advantage of it either 🤣
And the cycle of treasure hunting goes on..
I know of a few stories this has happened. One of a guy who was the lucky one. He went thru the trash/dumpster of his neighbor who had passed (his kids cleaning out the home) and found 5 grand hidden in the couch. And If I remember correct not the first time he had been the beneficiary of this type of event. Bob was a character, Known as Scuba Detector on a few of the foums

One thing I have made sure of is my girls know the value of, and I've already setup a purchaser who will pay cash. No need to get the government involved in the 9 gold rings they will split.. :laughing7:

So anyone want to guess a end of year Gold price?
Im going to guess 3800.oo
 
I know of a few stories this has happened. One of a guy who was the lucky one. He went thru the trash/dumpster of his neighbor who had passed (his kids cleaning out the home) and found 5 grand hidden in the couch. And If I remember correct not the first time he had been the beneficiary of this type of event. Bob was a character, Known as Scuba Detector on a few of the foums

One thing I have made sure of is my girls know the value of, and I've already setup a purchaser who will pay cash. No need to get the government involved in the 9 gold rings they will split.. :laughing7:

So anyone want to guess a end of year Gold price?
Im going to guess 3800.oo
OK OBN, put me down for $4,500, as I believe gold is going to continue rising skyward, along with silver prices.

I converted my 401K's over the last 4 years to physical gold & silver, have them stored in a depository, got the wife to do so as well. When I did my first roll over, the strike price for silver was $19. Gold's strike price if I recall was $2,100. The next rollover, silver's strike price was about $24, don't remember what gold was. When the wife did her rollover, silver's strike price was about $25/26, gold had risen as well. I did a final roll over earlier this year and the strike price for silver was around $28. So, for now, we're up pretty well and we're enjoying seeing the prices increase almost every day. Keep going!!
 
I'm waiting for it to go back under 3k. This jump was created by fear.
 
I'm waiting for it to go back under 3k. This jump was created by fear.
One thing about gold, its a long term investment .. I remember my first gold ring in 2008, gold was 1300.? Then 2012 it hit 1800 and I sold everything. Here 2025 and its 3200+, should of held I guess. 🤔

Gauley Bridge W.Va. close to my old home 52 to 64. Brownsville.
 
I'm waiting for it to go back under 3k. This jump was created by fear.
You might be waiting a while. That fear isn't going anywhere any time soon, and neither is inflation.
 
One thing about gold, its a long term investment .. I remember my first gold ring in 2008, gold was 1300.? Then 2012 it hit 1800 and I sold everything. Here 2025 and its 3200+, should of held I guess. 🤔

Gauley Bridge W.Va. close to my old home 52 to 64. Brownsville.
Yes many say we should of, if we could of type thing.
Then again it could be $800 today also.

I've sold many times and I've got $9K back in 2007, today it would be $83K.q

Do I dwell on it, heck no. It oaid for a 3.5 months in Florida.
Where I got to detect.😁

So it was 👍 👌
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom