Krovas Jr. Member Joined Jul 25, 2007 Messages 33 Reaction score 4 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Garrett AT MAX, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett ProPointer Apr 1, 2018 #1 Just curious. It looks so crude I can't help thinking that it might be impressively old, but I'm no munitions expert. Can anybody give a ballpark estimate? Attachments 100_0968_2.webp 688.6 KB · Views: 87
Just curious. It looks so crude I can't help thinking that it might be impressively old, but I'm no munitions expert. Can anybody give a ballpark estimate?
S SkaBa Hero Member Joined Jul 26, 2014 Messages 964 Reaction score 935 Golden Thread 0 Location CenTex Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 1, 2018 #2 Looks like modern shotgun slug. Upvote 0
Digalotajunk Full Member Joined Jan 4, 2018 Messages 230 Reaction score 421 Golden Thread 0 Location KCMO Detector(s) used Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus. MI6 pinpointer Lesche digging tool Predator piranha shovel Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 1, 2018 #3 Shotgun slug. Nice find! Upvote 0
Krovas Jr. Member Joined Jul 25, 2007 Messages 33 Reaction score 4 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Garrett AT MAX, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett ProPointer Apr 1, 2018 Thread Owner #4 Oh =/ Thanks. Upvote 0
jewelerguy Gold Member Joined Jun 28, 2011 Messages 12,334 Reaction score 11,527 Golden Thread 0 Location Oklahoma Detector(s) used White's XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 1, 2018 #5 modern shotgun slug for sure. based on the white patina, I would imagine it's at least 40 years old Upvote 0
N namxat Sr. Member Joined Feb 2, 2017 Messages 466 Reaction score 648 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 3, 2018 #6 Hi, if it is not hollow at the base, it is a pre WW2 Brenneke slug (or any copy of this). regards Namxat Upvote 0
Hi, if it is not hollow at the base, it is a pre WW2 Brenneke slug (or any copy of this). regards Namxat
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Apr 3, 2018 #7 I get white patina in five to ten years hereabouts (I dig and recast my old lead in my backyard "range"). The Foster Slug (that style) was patented in 1947. Upvote 0
I get white patina in five to ten years hereabouts (I dig and recast my old lead in my backyard "range"). The Foster Slug (that style) was patented in 1947.
D diggerranger Sr. Member Joined Mar 4, 2016 Messages 393 Reaction score 862 Golden Thread 0 Location VA Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 4, 2018 #8 Shotgun slug Upvote 0