East Coast

Attachments

• 2cf7.jpg
    2cf7.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 761
  • de97.jpg
    de97.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 751
Have you been in Antigua? Surface scatter, have you not started excavation yet, looks like 1805 mallet pieces, hope youre having fun GFH

Diverlyn, Actually we may need a boat Captain pretty soon. A side scan was completed and showed a wreck with a huge scatter of rectangular shaped objects around the wreck. Next step is to send an ROV down to photograph what is there and if it is what we think it is, then an Admiralty Claim will be filed. This one is in the States. We believe it is a Pirate Ship.

Goldfishhunter, Actually we believe that the artifacts are from 2 wrecks that cross contaminated the Privateer and the Privateer. The Onion bottle was dated in the mid 1600's and the cannons . ( Well I'll leave the cannons comment for later ).

Old Man: congratulations! Can you post more pictures of the bottles? They are often one of the most diagnostic artifact types on a site. Judging by the photo of the pieces, it looks like late 1600's bottle neck and some much later so your theory of two wrecks is probably right.

If you indeed have a pirate wreck I know someone who may be interested in funding your project.

Pirate Diver

What name is on the brick sir, the onion is noted, is this the only artifact that is of the different period? Good luck GFH

goldfishhunter, The bottles are are from different periods, the Spanish Olive jars pieces are from different periods, the silverware and brick are from different periods. The brick is most probably from the HMS DE RUYTER which sunk in 1804. At least one of the wine bottles is mid 1600's, some of the others are 1700's.
For more pictures see the links below.

http://hosted.drpic.com/IZPBN42DYM

http://my.picresize.com/37L2UT9QSE

Wow, unusual find, a weight or something similar, am i close? Its 19thC looking, could be some chap dump his left overs therabouts, or many ships...good luck...or a harbour... ah still..go for it.

What, no gold or silver? Abandon that junk heap!

Did I say there was no gold or silver??? You'd have to be an idiot today to post pictures of that on the internet the way archeologist are today.

Salvor6 said:
What, no gold or silver? Abandon that junk heap!

Salvor 6, I apologize if I offended you by posting pictures of cannons and other junk. I'm sure a Professional Treasure Hunter like you has researched and found his own wrecks with gold and silver on them. ( Not sub contracting someones permitted treasure sites, but actually something you found on your own.) I know that I for one would be grateful if you would post pictures of the gold and silver you found on your own wreck.

I would have taken a picture of the bronze cannon from another site that is stuck in a coral reef, on my next trip down there, but hey, I understand, you don't want to see pictures of junk.

As far as me posting pictures of gold or silver from a wreck ?
I don't have the intestinal fortitude to do that. A former member of this forum did that and the Fed's came knocking on his door to find out where he got the stuff. When I met him in Key West in January. He told me that he had to lie to the Fed's and tell them he found the coins on the beach. I don't want that kind of trouble. If I post pictures of gold coins or emeralds. They will be beach finds.
I think the former member of this forum learned his lesson too. As far as I know he is back to panning gold on his claims near his home in California.

I still would like to see you pictures of gold and silver though.

No offense taken Old Man. I just thought that since you didn't mention gold or silver, you didn't find any. I don't want the feds or archies on my ass either so I will refrain from posting pictures of my gold bars and emeralds. I will however post a pic of the silver I found. I could always say I found it on the beach. Thanks for the good advice.

Attachments

• DCP01184.JPG
    DCP01184.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 374

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back