privy/well dig at construction site

S

swingbeepdig

I posted all my bottles find in todays finds and wanted to share them with you guys. I work as a union laborer and we had hundred or so bottles laying around at 10foot dig.tell me what the value as I'm not into bottles more into metal defecting, lots bottles went to the landfill.

Thank you

ForumRunner_20131029_173832.png

ForumRunner_20131029_173901.png

ForumRunner_20131029_173922.png

ForumRunner_20131029_173939.png

ForumRunner_20131029_173957.png

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit the jackpot!!! The aqua ones with "blob tops" are sodas and beer, the amber one looks like a bitters, the dark green is a mineral water, and the little ones are medicines. I think a date of 1870s-1880s would be right. Great finds.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My suggestion, ...... Follow the truck to the landfill and get the rest

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
You have a great collection of bottles there, pics of the embossed stuff with description on the embossng would be a real help, you might have some real gems in there...

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was joking about going to the landfill. Seriously, i would be going back and working that site as construction would allow. You are getting some older bottles and could possibly find some real gems. Good luck and please keep us informed

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meant to ask, would it be possible to get some more photos after cleaning? And please photo with embossing facing the camera

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was joking about going to the landfill. Seriously, i would be going back and working that site as construction would allow. You are getting some older bottles and could possibly find some real gems. Good luck and please keep us informed Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I understand, but that seriously is a good idea. If you can ask someone or if you know where they haul the dirt, no one is going to mind if you search around a little at their dump. Could pick up any artifacts that were taken away.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't tell you how many times i've asked or followed dump trucks to see where they are taking the loads. There was some major construction going on at my home town years ago. The courthouse has been located on the same knoll for 150 years. The town decided renovate and in the process demo'd the concrete parking lot. All the concrete debris and approximately 1-2 ft of dirt was carried to a ravine and dumped. This was one of the best sites i've ever hunted with my metal detector and it paid off well.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't tell you how many times i've asked or followed dump trucks to see where they are taking the loads. There was some major construction going on at my home town years ago. The courthouse has been located on the same knoll for 150 years. The town decided renovate and in the process demo'd the concrete parking lot. All the concrete debris and approximately 1-2 ft of dirt was carried to a ravine and dumped. This was one of the best sites i've ever hunted with my metal detector and it paid off well. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I'm always on the look out for those kinds of sites. You're lucky to have found one like that. People don't even realize that they're dumping history down a ravine. I'm sure you got some nice saves.

OP
OP
S

swingbeepdig

There's a huge pile left of dirt and clay so I'm sure a few more will be sought.I totally agree with rechecking the landfill but I have no time after a long hard days work. I noticed the clear bottles are B Zimmerman and some other name from ny.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey swingbeep,

I wasn't kidding when I said, I'd make a "beeline to that dump." http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/383121-bottles-everywhere-10-foot-excavation.html

I've followed truckloads of old dirt to dumps and businesses, and subsequently gained permission, that was not available at the initial construction site. It has proved to be worthwhile from a recovery standpoint.

You're interested in the values of these bottles, and you've found some good ones. Think of the embossed ones of this age as pretty much a $2 to $5 dollahbill, on up. Color and condition are king.

You get extra points for "Z" guys like Zimmerman. 8-)

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll say it again thats a killer spot you have there. I would be camped out there until every bottle was out.

OP
OP
S

swingbeepdig

Just found this laying on top of fresh dug.

ForumRunner_20131030_092125.png

ForumRunner_20131030_092144.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread