What's new

Prospection clubs

Dieseltechjon

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2025
Messages
47
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Who has the best claims in SoCal? I already joined SCPC, GPAA and Taft but wanted to know if there are some really good clubs I am overlooking.
 
Upvote 0
My late friend belonged to a club that was based around Victorville/Barstow
area, and they had some decent claims out in the Coolgardie area.
 
There are so many claims to even mention. Maybe this question is too subjective. I watched a video by Chris Ralph the other night where he talked about southern California prospecting. It was a pretty good video. After watching I wanted to check for additional clubs which is what led me to open this thread.
 
There are so many claims to even mention. Maybe this question is too subjective. I watched a video by Chris Ralph the other night where he talked about southern California prospecting. It was a pretty good video. After watching I wanted to check for additional clubs which is what led me to open this thread.
I saw that video with Ralph at a sand & gravel plant ,GREAT VIDEO ! I did the same here in Missouri and we did well considering ! I miss them days now !
 
I saw that video with Ralph at a sand & gravel plant ,GREAT VIDEO ! I did the same here in Missouri and we did well considering ! I miss them days now !
Yeah he puts out some good videos. I've watched dozens of em and there is always good information in them.
 
Yeah he puts out some good videos. I've watched dozens of em and there is always good information in them.
If you’re an experienced Diesel Repair Technician, you might very well be able to trade work for permission to detect claims. I know - time is more valuable than $$.
 
If you’re an experienced Diesel Repair Technician, you might very well be able to trade work for permission to detect claims. I know - time is more valuable than $$.
Depending on the type of repair I definitely wouldn't mind making some sort of trade in that respect but finding somebody would be another story altogether.
 
Who has the best claims in SoCal? I already joined SCPC, GPAA and Taft but wanted to know if there are some really good clubs I am overlooking.
I've belonged to a few claims in AZ. Roadrunner, Gpaa, Weaver.
I had all my walls covered with maps, and every claim marked.
After prospecting on some river or stream claims, I could tell, the best claim is the closest to any mine.
The further you are away from the source of the Gold, the smaller the Gold can get..
 
I've belonged to a few claims in AZ. Roadrunner, Gpaa, Weaver.
I had all my walls covered with maps, and every claim marked.
After prospecting on some river or stream claims, I could tell, the best claim is the closest to any mine.
The further you are away from the source of the Gold, the smaller the Gold can get..
I put in an application for OC 49rs couple weeks ago now. I'm about ready to start covering my walls with maps too. I wish there were better claims that were closer to home but I'm sure this is every club members dilemma. It seems like camping and three day weekends are the best way to spend time out at the claims, otherwise I'm coming back the same day with my back about 45deg off plum
 
I put in an application for OC 49rs couple weeks ago now.

That was the club my late friend belonged to, and they had some decent claims
in the area north of Hinkley. Good area to camp in, and close to the working area
but I suggest you bring your own firewood.

A good drywasher is pretty much a must have, as well as a method of classifying.
My last trip there Ken and I used a hand-crank trommel that I had built, and it did
a super job. Here is a thread from my visit there...

 
That was the club my late friend belonged to, and they had some decent claims
in the area north of Hinkley. Good area to camp in, and close to the working area
but I suggest you bring your own firewood.

A good drywasher is pretty much a must have, as well as a method of classifying.
My last trip there Ken and I used a hand-crank trommel that I had built, and it did
a super job. Here is a thread from my visit there...

Yeah cool thread. I just took a look at the claims they have. Not sure when I'm going to make it out to one but it's nice knowing what is where. They have a couple near randsaburg and I think barstow/coolgadie. I'd really like to camp out there and save myself the hassle of driving back everyday.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom