pulled the trigger!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
XP Deus? Always set it yourself! :occasion14:

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive had it out 2 times, should I manually set the sensitivity in my soil or put it on auto?

Hey Cal! Grats on the 3030! I run mine on auto here and still get great depth. I typically get around 23-26 sensitivity here though. I've been able to hit wheats at 8" with the sensitivity as low as 21 so I've learned to trust the machine. I've tried running manually and get lots of noise, I think it really comes down to how much noise you want to put up with.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
gratz on the awesome detector ! Id use auto +3 the first few times untill you get used to the detector, then play with the manual sens.

Fe/co & gr/co are the way to go IMO.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Fe/co & gr/co are the way to go IMO.

I haven't seen the term gr/co before. Something I've missed perhaps. Please explain what that's all about.

You may teach me something my friend :)

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't seen the term gr/co before. Something I've missed perhaps. Please explain what that's all about.

You may teach me something my friend :)

I believe he's referring to ferrous/coin and ground/coin separation modes :occasion14:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the tips

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm usually hunting in Auto +3 with my 3030, but find it will still be fairly stable in many places if I boost it even higher via a manual setting...

Congrats on your CTX purchase - combined with your Deus you have two fine detectors and not much will be missed at most sites. :)

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I would start with Auto +3 and once you are comfortable with the machine, start cranking up the sens in manual mode when it gets quiet.

Auto sens is really stable.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got in my test garden playing around with it yesterday (I know it doesnt like freshly buried items) and it hit coins BETTER at depth with the manual actually it wouldnt hit 12 inch silver in auto. How do I take the auto sensitivity to the +3 or negative 3 when I go to my screen it just says auto or manual. \PROBALY SHOULD JUST LOOK IN THE MANUAL LOL

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got in my test garden playing around with it yesterday (I know it doesnt like freshly buried items) and it hit coins BETTER at depth with the manual actually it wouldnt hit 12 inch silver in auto. How do I take the auto sensitivity to the +3 or negative 3 when I go to my screen it just says auto or manual. \PROBALY SHOULD JUST LOOK IN THE MANUAL LOL

Hey Cal!

After you turn on the CTX, on your touch pad, press and HOLD on the key to the left of the left arrow. (The key would be W if your keypad was a compass, N E W S) This will bring up the sensitivity menu. Arrow down and increase/decrease the setting as needed.

ctx3030.jpg

On my CTX, it HATES it when I adjust via manual sensitivity. If the detector is running at 25 sens on Auto, if I attempt to bump up even to 26, I start to get a lot of falsing. If you can live with the falsing/chatter, then manual sensitivity will get you more depth.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Correct me if Im wrong but I think there is no such thing as 25 auto, the 25 value is the manual setting and only for that, so you can see your sens when you switch back to manual, the green # in the sens screen is the auto setting which it goes 0+1+2+3 depending on your choice, it automatically adjust on terrain conditions, if what you are saying is true, then the detector could go 30+3 ?

As I said, I could be wrong.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Correct me if Im wrong but I think there is no such thing as 25 auto, the 25 value is the manual setting and only for that, so you can see your sens when you switch back to manual, the green # in the sens screen is the auto setting which it goes 0+1+2+3 depending on your choice, it automatically adjust on terrain conditions, if what you are saying is true, then the detector could go 30+3 ?

As I said, I could be wrong.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I always run my CTX on Auto, +3. That being said, when my panel shows my auto value of 25 (+3) that actually means the machine has decided a value of 22 would be ideal. I'm telling it to add +3 to that.

What I meant was, if I try to run in manual above the number on my panel (in this case, 25) to 26, 27 etc my machine becomes quite noisy. My CTX generally (95% of the time) runs very smooth with Auto, +3.

I believe you are correct, it is not possible to get above a sensitivity level of 30, in either manual or auto.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks that was simple enough. Is putting it in auto +3 JUST MAKING IT ADD 3 POINTS TO THE SENSITIVITY it thinks the machine should be running at?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions