What's new

Quadruple Merc hole!

wheres_wheatie

Full Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
227
Reaction score
169
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot
Got out yesterday to a strip of grass that runs along a paved road. This road connects two historically significant properties. As soon as I start my detectors screaming with big shallow targets. One after another I dig beer/soda cans from the 50s-60s; the strip was litterd with them. Finally after two hours of hunting I come across a wheat, and then a few steps away a high signal at 6 inches; this was a big deal after getting 2 inch signals left and right. I dig down and out pops two Mercury dimes against each other. After a minute of admiring them I rescan the hole and my pinpointer goes off! I carefully dig out another Merc and check again. When the pinpointer goes off again I'm beyond stoked! A forth Merc comes out before the hole goes silent. This is the first multiple coin hole I've ever dug and I have to say it was a rush. The site produced a total of six wheats and a flat button in addition to the 4 mercs which are dated 1925, (2) 1942, 1944.
 

Attachments

  • 1437834889532.webp
    1437834889532.webp
    87.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 1437834901416.webp
    1437834901416.webp
    114.9 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 46
nothing more exciting that popping out a silver and rescanning and hearing the Pointer going off again, and again!!

congrats
 
Da Da Da DANG!
 
That is awesome! Coin spills are great but silver Merc spills are awesome!
Four at a time is the way to go!
 
A coin spill like that is a rare one. I have found a spill of 3 silver dimes, but never 4! Sounds like your persistence paid off :thumbsup:
 
Very nice! Mercs are such pretty coins.
 
Awesome find... I've found doubles before... Can't imagine doubling that! :thumbup::D
 
road kill Mercs do tend to show their wrinkles. most diggers ignore the places that are rough digging. many of my best coins and relics were a tough row to hoe, mainly roots of old growth trees, gravel, and around/under virgin ground boulders. lazy diggers leave the good saves for us. never nailed a double play silver, but 2 weeks ago on a hunt with FMERG, he bagged 2 Barber qtrs. in a hole, wanted to beat him with my DD. WTG & HH
 
2? Damn....still waiting for just one of those...
 
Those are nice finds. It can be seen in your pics that some were stacked onto another , by the way some reverse sides are so clean.
 
Sweet! One a day is great. Two in a day is fantastic. Finding three silvers in a day is kinda hard. Four in the same hole?! Pinch me, I'm dreaming. Congrats on an awesome save!
 
Very nice spill !
 
That sounds like a great day!
 
Congrats on that awesome merc spill WW. :occasion14: I personally have never found more than 3 silver in 1 hole. That plug will be hard to top.
 
The best I have managed was 2 Mercs in one hole. That's incredibly good luck!
 
Way to go!!!!! That's a good day!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom