waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of weeks ago while back in IL hunting with my brother & nephew I jokingly called my DFX a Quarter magnet.

After today the nickname stays. Had a couple of free hours this evening so went up to the local school complex. I finally got an opportunity to hunt the concession stand area of the local high school sports complex.

The 1st 10 hits I got were all quarters. Final total was 27 quarters, 5 dimes and 4 cents. This was a area about 15'x20'. I was getting so many quarter signals I only dug the others if I thought it was a dime. Didn't get a single nickel signal. Area was also pretty clean. pulled the carcass of a hot wheels, a 6" piece of 1/2" copper tubing and a nail and best of all NO pull tabs. I didn't move the 6 picnic tables that are in the area so I'll have some surprises next time. ;)

I'll make one more trip back there in a couple of weeks to get the rest of the dimes and cents, then hope football season gets here quick ;D

Attachments

• treasures 7-1.JPG
    treasures 7-1.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
It's nice to find those quarter patches. Keep em Coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread