What's new

Quartz Conerly

willjo

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
2,037
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_4868.webp Found nice 3 5/16 inch Conerly after doing some tractor work
 
Upvote 0
That is a nice one. :icon_thumleft:
 
Wow! Beautiful! Congrats!
 
VERY Nice!

To bad all of the quartz didn't work as nice as that type apparently did.
 
I found one like that when I was a kid, never seen another like it. Nice find, definitely one to be proud of
 
That's probably the nicest quartz point I've ever seen. :icon_thumright:
 
nice big quartz point
 
SWEET ! You don't see much of that high grade quartz turning up. I refer to that material as "milk glass" quartz due to it's pure coloration, and great knapping potential. We have found a few smaller well made points of similar material up here, but none as large as that beauty. HH
 
I never could figure out why quartz was used since the few that I ever found were thick, stubby, and didn't look very deadly (except one small triangle that was thin and well-formed). I couldn't see how they could have been fitted to a slim arrow shaft. So, I wonder if my "fatties" originally looked like the killer yours is? Did they eventually degrade; or ... were they always thick, stubby, and ugly? Makes me think a sharpened stick would have been a better tool/weapon than quartz. Then I see YOURS! Wow ... that is a beautiful -- and quite obviously dangerous -- point.

--Guy
 
That's a killer quartz piece you found wiljo! Like the tip on it.
 
I love how so many of your points are the same type and material..I bet you will be happy to add this material to your frames! Killler point!
 
Can we get a side photo? I'm wondering how thick/thin that beauty is.

Thanks,
--Guy
100_4875.webp100_4874.webp This style point is usually thick 3/8" to 1/2" and this is 7/16"
 
Bump
 
A very nice looking piece willjo. Quartz always look like a status symbol to me. Good job in finding.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom