Quartz Vein near known placer producing area

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured i would share..if you look at the pic up the side of this hill there is a somewhat pitted out reddish brown change in the rock strata with quartz stringers that looks interesting..i plan on checking this out next time when i have some more gear on me..right across the creek where im standing is a lot of tailings piles and old water pipes evidence if some placer mining going on in years IMG_1872.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what you mean by stockworks like a stock photo?

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stockwork is technically "A metalliferous deposit characterized by the impregnation of the mass of rock with many small veins or nests irregularly grouped, especially common with tin ore." So basically the rock has impregnated a vein system breaking it up and creating pockets of mineralization if I understand it correctly.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Either someone has worked above the larger rock outcroppings or the loose rocks and dirt are evidence of a rock slide. No matter which, if there is Gold in the rock outcropping or above it, it would be a good idea to do some serious sampling of loose material at the base below the outcroppings.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread