What's new

Question about item and value

bin@diggin

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 26, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
sovereign XS-2 pro,but have worn out many others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could this be a cannon quadrant or site?The L shaped item with holes in my picture. It is heavy brass. thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    215.3 KB · Views: 785
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    215.3 KB · Views: 777
Sorry to have to tell you, although I've been closely studying pre-1900 artillery equipment for several decades, I do not recognize it as being an artillery quadrant or sight, not any part of one.

In examining it extra-closely (which I always do about such things), I did notice that the holes in it are not all the same size. That may -- or may not -- be important in figuring out what it is.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom