Question about Paypal

88junior

Feb 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270 with 5", 8",5x10",10-1/2",12" HotHead Coils, Fisher CZ-5 with 8",10-1/2" coils, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just give them your paypal email address and they login to their paypal and then they send funds to your paypal account preferablly as a gift that way you don't get charged fees.

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paypal works great but they always charge some one a fee its around 2.5 to 3.0 %

OP
OP
S

Sampson1

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2010
Muskegon, Mi
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6, Fisher1280-x
Thanks for your help! I didn't figure it would be a big deal I jsut wasn't sure where to start!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sampson1 said:
Thanks for your help! I didn't figure it would be a big deal I jsut wasn't sure where to start!

Sampson, it's not a big deal. Just go to www.paypal.com and sign up. You will need a valid e-mail address, credit card and bank account. Just have that ready when you sign up. To be verified they will send about 4 cents to your bank account then you tell them how much was deposited and your verified.

You can always send money to someone as a gift and it does not cost anything no fees.

Hope this helps. Need anymore let me know, Charlie :thumbsup:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be careful with using paypal.They now side with your buyer about refunds if they arent satisfied with what they bought.Or are trying to scam you out of your item,swap parts,etc.You could be ripped off of your item and money.Im about to file interstate theft and fraud charges on a ebay buyer that says he didnt receive his item yet US postal tracking says he did and ebay and paypal sided with the buyer.So now he has my item and ebay wants me to reimburse them for paying this criminal.I will get the last laugh on this one when the buyer has to travel 2000 miles for court.Maybe even in the back of a patrol car.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Just be careful with using paypal.They now side with your buyer about refunds if they arent satisfied with what they bought.Or are trying to scam you out of your item,swap parts,etc.You could be ripped off of your item and money.Im about to file interstate theft and fraud charges on a ebay buyer that says he didnt receive his item yet US postal tracking says he did and ebay and paypal sided with the buyer.So now he has my item and ebay wants me to reimburse them for paying this criminal.I will get the last laugh on this one when the buyer has to travel 2000 miles for court.Maybe even in the back of a patrol car.

Keep us posted on how this ends up. Paypal's methods of taking the side of buyer has stopped
me from selling overseas.

srf2112

Jul 5, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro w/DX-1, MXT 300 w/DX-1, Dual Field P.I., Excal II, M6, Garrett ProPointer, Pro-Gold HP's, Lesche and Predator force multipliers
goverton said:
FISHEYE said:

Keep us posted on how this ends up. Paypal's methods of taking the side of buyer has stopped
me from selling overseas.
Yes, definitely update us on your situation when you can. I was recently a buyer using P/P on another forum and my item was promptly stolen minutes after being left on my porch . . . same thing may have happened to this guy and he's looking to you to absorb HIS loss. Despicable behavior . . tough situation you're in given P/P's policy. Good luck . . .

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Thats why its always best to ship things insured and with a tracking number.then they have to sign for it when it arrives

jim42

May 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, XP Deus, T2, G2, minelab705
Make sure when you ship an item that you use UPS not our postal system. I have found with the post office its next to impossible to track items.

ridgecrawler

Jan 20, 2011
East central Ohio
Detector(s) used
ATPRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use signature confirmation, It will cost a little more but they have to sign for it. The driver cant just throw it on the porch and leave.

flintstone

Mar 12, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,FISHER CZ7A,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time i sent a detector, it only cost me .75c to send with sig. That is well worth it.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember If you send something as a Gift Let the Person Know that In Advance that you are Sending It that Way To Avoid Fees And Keep a Copy of Emails To Prove It Just In Case!!!! HH Chug

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
FISHEYE said:
Just be careful with using paypal.They now side with your buyer about refunds if they aren't satisfied with what they bought.Or are trying to scam you out of your item,swap parts,etc.You could be ripped off of your item and money.I'm about to file interstate theft and fraud charges on a ebay buyer that says he didn't receive his item yet US postal tracking says he did and ebay and paypal sided with the buyer.So now he has my item and ebay wants me to reimburse them for paying this criminal.I will get the last laugh on this one when the buyer has to travel 2000 miles for court.Maybe even in the back of a patrol car.
Paypal is the safest way I know how to go without waiting for the snail mail. And they have a resolution center and I've had one package problem like yours and the resolution center solved it and I didn't loose nothing but time. I've had well over 450 deals and only a handful of times I had a problem with buyers or sellers. I wish you luck and hope it's worth your efforts filing interstate theft charges. If your out of there state you'll have to have them served and that's not free. I had a non-paypal deal with someone who owed me money on a vet bill. They moved to Indiana and I have to hire a server to summons them to court. The server charges around $250 dollars to hand them the papers. The law won't do it, I've tried. And I have to add that internet scammers and ripoffs are so widely spread that unless it involves Grand Theft they'll drag their butts and do nothing in the end... much less extradite someone for it. They don't see it the way you do and they won't pay one or two lawmen to travel by air 2000 miles unless they're indited on a larger charge, like robbery or murder, good luck with your plans even though. HH, Woodstock

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
jim42 said:
Make sure when you ship an item that you use UPS not our postal system. I have found with the post office its next to impossible to track items.

Go Fedex with signature required option - Universal Package Smashers won't resolve squat if a problem arises.

Diggem'

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Universal Package Smashers" :laughing9: :laughing9: :sign10: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Love It :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Chug

POPPA

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2005
I AGREE WITH THE PERSON THAT SAID E-BAY IS ALWAYS FOR THE BUYER YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION AS THE SELLER. THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME. THEY ONLY PROTECT THE BUYER. POPPA

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
You are only charged a fee based on the amount given. I was gonna buy something and was gonna be charged a fee. I dropped it down to 250 dollars and there was no fee on either end.I made a couple payments like this and was not charged a fee either time.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[/quote]Go Fedex with signature required option - Universal Package Smashers won't resolve squat if a problem arises.Diggem'[/quote]

Whew! I thought I was the only one that thought that way. I've had many packages smashed by Universal Package Smasher's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread