Question for nox users

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i was wondering how many of you using this machine have found silver or gold in multi frequency. Ive seen some reviews about coins on edge and the nox not hitting them in multi. Ive tested this with my machine and its pretty bad. The minelab website has un update but my machine is already up to date. If anyone has any suggestions on fixing this issue let me know. I normally hunt in multi or 5 park 1, sensitivity at 20, iron b at 1, ground balance starts at 0 and put in auto, recovery at 3. Thanks.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only 208 silver coins so far. Another week will be a year since I got the 800.

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So no issue with coins on edge?

That issue was resolved with the update available on the website. Park 1 was the major issue before the update. The Equinox is a silver slayer.

The new units on the shelves may just come with the new software installed!

70ss454

Greenie
Feb 23, 2019
Vernon, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That issue was resolved with the update available on the website. Park 1 was the major issue before the update. The Equinox is a silver slayer.

The new units on the shelves may just come with the new software installed!

So this may be kind of a dumb question.. How do I know if my nox has the update or not?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i was wondering how many of you using this machine have found silver or gold in multi frequency. Ive seen some reviews about coins on edge and the nox not hitting them in multi. Ive tested this with my machine and its pretty bad. The minelab website has un update but my machine is already up to date. If anyone has any suggestions on fixing this issue let me know. I normally hunt in multi or 5 park 1, sensitivity at 20, iron b at 1, ground balance starts at 0 and put in auto, recovery at 3. Thanks.

So no issue with coins on edge?

No issue with coins on edge since the update. But as HighVDI said, that was a Park 1 issue. Park 2 hit coins on edge just fine and also single frequency.

Never had an issue hitting gold (jewelry) in multi.

So this may be kind of a dumb question.. How do I know if my nox has the update or not?

Some of the newer units will also have a "ver 1.75" sticker on the box indicating they were shipped with the updated firmware, but some shipped and updated units don't have the sticker. Otherwise, you have to connect the nox to a PC and run the update program to know for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread