What's new

Question on Dime boxes

bocephus

Full Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
So far I have done 2 dime boxes and both skunks.My question is should I rim search them as they are from Brinks (clear wrappers) or search individually. Do they usually produce or not. I am located in southern califorina.
 
Upvote 0
bocephus said:
So far I have done 2 dime boxes and both skunks.My question is should I rim search them as they are from Brinks (clear wrappers) or search individually. Do they usually produce or not. I am located in southern califorina.
I have searched hundreds of dime boxes, 95% being paper-wrapped. The few Brinks boxes I come across have never produced. You may have better luck in your area, and I suggest rim searching. Good luck. ffd
 
When I get those clear-wrapped dime rolls I just edge search. Silver is of course obvious and if any of the rolls show dirty edges or shiny, wide rims I'll set those aside and open looking for dirty silver or proofs.
 
Yeah, I'm in Norcal and the brinks boxes suck too recently all skunks. I have found some in brinks boxes before.. the most I ever got was 5. It's like getting $4.50 in profit ($5 - .50(5 dimes)) and that's like the best dime box I've gotten. Poor.. the only reason I'm still going to do it is that I'm trying to fill a silver dime roll tube. I looks cool but after that I'm quitting dimes since it's not worth it although it doesn't take long to find the silver by looking at plastic clear wraps. If you weigh the rolls, you'll find that for some reason there's always rolls that are short. Boxes usually short me about 3 to 4 dimes. I usually insert new dimes into the rolls if they are short. I just didn't want any complains about me shorting them if I return them to a bank. It makes me wonder if Brinks is doing this intentionally. Boxes are usually short. There are rolls that have an extra dime too but the ratio is 4 to 1 in terms of rolls missing dimes to rolls having extra dimes. Someone should sue brinks for ripping customers off. The rip off is only offset by silver found but usually there's not much silver there. I guess I'm just venting.
 
clear rolls rarely produce, change your source, rim searching is fine they just don't produce

I think I have done like 12 clear wrap boxes and gotten like 2 silvers...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom