Question on Excal use at water line

Psubs579

Greenie
May 4, 2011
I started using my Excal last weekend for the first time. Love the detector both in and out of water so far.

My question has to do with transitioning from above water to below. When I am detecting wet sand and a wave comes in, as soon as the coil goes under water I get a signal...same goes for when the wave goes back out and the coil comes back out of the water.

Does this have to do with running sensitivity on auto? Why does it tone or "false" when dunked under the water?

Also, does anyone know where the serial number of the control box and coil is (need it for warranty registration)?

Ok, because of your falsing problem I know you are hunting a saltwater beach. The reason for the falsing is because you have black sand and saltwater at the shoreline. Above water you would have no trouble with the black sand but as soon as a wave with the salt passes over the coil the detector would false. Normally Auto is very stable but this is really no problem as it will still sound off loud on a target. As you detect into deeper water it will quiet down since it will always be underwater.

I have no idea where the serial number is on the Excal II. Heck my number was on the card.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back