Question on the Deus 13" coil

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1 pound 10.8 oz. I think it works fine with no adapter. The XP is already light weight the bigger coil is no problem.

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have it and it is a dream. It is not heavy in the least - I have a bad shoulder but can still swing it all day long. Ive even used mine in heavy iron with quite a bit of success. There are many negative comments about it online which state avoid this "monster coil" but I suspect the comments come from folks that haven't even used one. Its not like any other large coil I have used with other detectors. Its similar to my 11 but covers more ground and it gets a little deeper. Never had a large coil that was practical like this one.

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 13" as much as the 9"& 11".They all are deep and you can get by with any one of them.They all work good,13" does cover more ground.

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info the coil. I am thinking about getting a 9" Deus and I have someone going to sell me a 13" coil, but I haven't heard much about it. I didn't think that with the lightweight of the Deus that a 13" would make much of a whoop. Really it doesn't sound much larger than a Minelab 10" coil which I am used to. I bet that coil will run deep because I know from experience that I can get solid readings with the smaller coil at 8-9 inches on coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread