What's new

Question - Why are some of the 1964s blueish???

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question - Why are some of the 1964's blueish???

I have found 3 so far and I swear they have a blueish tint to them, not like regular grime. I haven't seen any Frankie's or Walkers like that just 1964 90%'rs. Has anybody else seen or noticed them or am I just loosing my mind? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Question - Why are some of the 1964's blueish???

probably they are toned coins. if they are hang on to them. people pay a premium for toned coins. the coins have to be silver to tone
 
Re: Question - Why are some of the 1964's blueish???

No, I have only seen the frosty white ones that catch my eye.

If you have lost your mind and eventually find it, let me know if mine is hanging around with
it? I sometimes miss it, I think. :icon_scratch:
 
Re: Question - Why are some of the 1964's blueish???

yep I have found franklins and walkers toned as well
 
Re: Question - Why are some of the 1964's blueish???

I found a 68' the other day and it had some reddish orange toning. Pretty cool!
 
Re: Question - Why are some of the 1964's blueish???

i'm not sure if only silver coins can tone because i've found clad halves that are toned like crazy! even found some clad that were camo-toned. considered keeping them but...i've got enough junk coins that i considered interesting at the time...but now i'm thinking maybe i need to chuck 'em back into the wild.

as for a blue toned 90%'s...yeah....i've seen 'em...but just franklins and '64's. never found a toned walker yet....but i'm still lookin'.

good luck in the future....and may you find many many more!
 
Re: Question - Why are some of the 1964's blueish???

probably they are toned coins

No wonder I can't find these...

I'm tone deaf!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom