What's new

Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought some artifacts from a antique shop this yr from a guy selling his collection. Some of the pieces had letters and numbers written in ink on the backs. I have always heard that some people will mark their artifacts so they will know which spot it came from. I Have heard that some times knappers will mark their repros as well. But I have not ever bought a repro as far as I know. So my question is what have you people ever heard or seen on this type of markings? I have one but the ink is worn and will show it now. 100_2075.webp So what is your take on this type of marking? Real or Fake? Thank you for your input.
 
Upvote 0
I kept this only about a few pieces "which I posted" If you have questions about the pottery and its authenticity feel free to air them. You contacted me via. Personal message asking for pottery. Is that not what you received? Pottery that I personally pulled from the ground by the way.I remember exactly when and where each of those pieces touched a human hand"mine" for the first time in many centuries. If you want to belittle the artifacts I sent you please speak to me personally.
 
You act like a kid that didnt get his popcorn at the movies. It is a total insult to me that you think they are fake. I never said I didnt like what you sent. It is you that is showing no respect in this matter. Grow up and act your age.
 
That was just wonderful Rock thank you. I will go grow up now. I meant no insult and you probably don't have enough experience to tell that they are reproductions. If that made you feel bad that was not my intension...but on the other hand....listen to you now.... I think you should re-think who here should feel insulted and as far as growing up and acting like a child...
Go back and read what you just typed. Have fun happy hunting... ect..ect...
 
rock said:
You act like a kid that didnt get his popcorn at the movies. It is a total insult to me that you think they are fake. I never said I didnt like what you sent. It is you that is showing no respect in this matter. Grow up and act your age.

What about the fact that I belive them to be repros. Insulted you? The fact that you didn't notice or the fact that it made you feel silly or something? If anyone should feel insulted it would be the Guy who got repros. In the mail son.
 
rock said:
I was trying to be nice to you by giving you so many different Artifacts to look at from different parts of the country. If you feel as if I sent you too many verses you few shards you sent me, you could always send me some of your shell Artifacts you have cause I dont have any of those in my collection. I would be interested in looking at some. Otherwise be grateful for the gift.

This is the responce I got for noticing repros. In my trade. Nuff said. "A kid who didn't get his popcorn" I'm biting my tongue.
 
I have seen many artifacts with letters on them that are finders marks, sometimes their initials, sometimes the river or creek or property found on. Many in Missouri had them..................

This arguement is over and done with, this was a trade of broken pieces from what pictures show, no money change hands from what I can tell. There will not be a flame war here and do not start another thread to continue this flame war....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom