What's new

Rainy day half reale

JM1184

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
193
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did some exploring along the Mohawk River today with the ATpro. Just when I was fed up with all the wheat pennies my first colonial silver popped up! I'll spare you the wheat penny pics. The coin is very worn and I wish it had at least a trace of the date.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    128.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    178.8 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 28
Congrats. I would love to have it. I found a 1 real cob last year but have yet to score the milled variety
 
JM,
Your coin was most likely minted between 1759 and 1808; during the reign of Carlos III (to 1789) or IV; the "CA" appearing on your coin.
Don.......
 
I would be happy with that!....Heck, I'd be happy with anything before 1900.... Congrats!
 
Definitely the profile of Carolus III, 1759 –1788, right in line with the American Revolution! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
congrats on the awesome find! silver has a sweet sound on the pro doesnt it.
 
Even dateless that is a groovy find, congrats
 
Ahhhhhh, Spanish silver is almost as good as Spanish................

Congrats
 
Hahahhahah ! Almost but not quite !!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom