RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Just to lighten things up a bit another crazy story from my Barbados era. This one the joke is on someone else for a change.

One of our buddies Frank was engaged to get married so he decided to join us for a farewell trip before the nuptuals.
As luck would have it he managed to break his arm shortly before the trip no one back then bothered with cancellation insurance so he was down in the dumps figuring he'd have to cancel out and loose his deposit.

Well we talked him out of it saying we'd manage to fix him up somehow so he could enjoy the trip.

Well day 1 in the morning we took a green garbage bag and cut it down somewhat and used electrical tape to secure it over the cast so he could go in the ocean.

Well he was happy as a lark and went out into the water without a care. Problem was there was high winds the night before and even though the beach was sheltered by a coral reef some sea urchins managed to get washed over the coral and as luck would have it he stepped on one.

We had to help him out of the water and up to the beach club and not wanting to waste any of our partying money on a doctors fee we asked the waiter how we should treat it. He said no problem and came back with a candle, some slices of lemon and a big tumber glass of overproof rum.

So he gave us the procedure first you light up the candle and drip the melted wax on the wounds to help draw out the barbs, 2nd you rub the lemon slices on the wounds. We ask what's the rum for and he says for the patient because it's going to hurt like hell...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
no i am not savy but the rum sounds good

No, its going to be fine, he said it was made of wood.

Dude, this means you still get to MD, and under the knee means you can go to Walmart and ride around the store like a mad man and they can not get pissed because you have only one leg. You know what that means right, you can be on the People of Walmart website. How cool is that.

I think that you should dress like Timmy from South Park and ride around Walmart with a MD in one hand screaming Timmy.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted an area not far from this sign today,, although I didn't find anything significant, I'm sure glad they decided to let the white man in.

Attachments

• 20180509_191819.jpg
    20180509_191819.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 47

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hi. Hope your enjoying your morning coffee while I'm enjoying my nightcap! Mmmmm gin!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tall glass,Tanqueray & Tonic w/lime :)

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to try that! Mine was more of a last desperate concoction of what was left in the fridge, tanqueray sweet and sour mix and some sangria cider. Wasn't bad, but then again I have been known to drink some strange stuff!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Welcome to another sunny morning at least in my parts. Been keeping busy with gardening the last couple of days the old body doesn't recoup as fast as in bygone days unfortunately....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Gm Tnet my ankle feels better i can put weight on it now which good i have to build a fence today for my grandma

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gm Tnet my ankle feels better i can put weight on it now which good i have to build a fence today for my grandma
Ankle,what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread