RR
Be careful of counterfeit bullets online.
========
I agree with Rook 100% RR. Be aware of the seller.
Now days, almost EVERYTHING can be counterfeit.
When the first Apple phones came out, my son bought one. EVERYTHING from the Apple box to the phone itself looked 100 % original. Then my son saw that a foreign country was counterfeiting the Apple phone and since the foreign country was also producing the phone for Apple, it was almost perfect. He contacted Apple in regards to his phone and Apple confirmed it was a counterfeit. Apple offered to buy it back or trade for an actual Apple phone. Apple was doing this in order to try and get as many of the counterfeits off the market as they could in order to avoid a huge amount of bad P.R. down the road if the counterfeit phones had defects. They were trying to protect their image. Instead, I bought the phone from my son so that I would have a conversation piece.
Sorry for the long story.
Old antiques are easy to counterfeit and especially sell on-line. Pick an item, any item and you will find that somewhere along the line a counterfeit was made. Buying on-line is easy and gives you access to multiple sellers. but can you be 100% sure the seller is legitimate ? And he may be legitimate but maybe he unknowingly bought a counterfeit ?
A prime example is the arrowheads you make. MANY arrowheads are counterfeit and are sold as real to people. Not everyone will state that their work was done recently. A knapper may sell an arrowhead and also state it is recently made and include a note accompanying the finished item. Say I bought the item, I then turn around and resell it for 5 or ten times what I paid for it without ever mentioning its history. The same for civil war bullets. Some are counterfeited. The only way a counterfeiter can possibly make any money is by selling in quantity. So I would be cautious about someone selling in bulk. You and the rest of us all know that the BEST way is to actually find it yourself. Short of that, due diligence.
I wanted a specific year and mint mark on a Morgan silver dollar. Upon researching them I was surprised, ( guess I shouldn't have been ), that there was companies, ( overseas ), that were counterfeiting even these. Took me over a year of research and checking out sellers and coin history before I finally found one I was comfortable with. At that time, I then bought two just because of all the time and work I had put into it. So if an item, ( any item ), is in demand, then you will also find the atmosphere for counterfeiting.
Your collection looks nice, but don't let your guard down or you will always be second guessing yourself.
Carry on soldier !