RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking of doing this cause my town sucks for coins Im thinking I could find more doing both my town founded 1826 first dropped coin in 1900 picked right back up Im telling ya

I went to a bank by my work and asked for the halves she had in her till she said ok but just not the silver ones I guess she had a few saved. I dont blame her I would do the same.

Ive been watching these people on coin roll hunting boxes of halves with walker enders but these CRH buy thousands worth of rolls I might get bored but just thinking about it

I went to a bank by my work and asked for the halves she had in her till she said ok but just not the silver ones I guess she had a few saved. I dont blame her I would do the same.

L.O.L.!
I know a bank real well that ain't worth expecting silver from tellers too!

I know not to expect from tellers but goes to show they come across quite a few.

good night all

WD... those webs resemble Widow webs.

You'll scare the crap outta Her,besides She's to far north.

LOL! Well, not that bad! But he does get to claim, "I made you look, heh."

Scruggs (Whatever happened to him?) scared me worse when I posted this pic of a bug in my office.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Hey Sis, your "Bugs" are more realistic than what I find :laughing7:

Sis's Bug
Sis bug.JPG
My bug
My bug.jpg

Large copper mystery coin today. Gotta silver dime, and my 6th harmonica in 6 hunts....I dont know what that means but someone is trying to tell me something I think. I never found one in my life and now I get one every hunt 6 times in a row...WTF !! And this spots 70+ miles from my last one !!
Nice hunt and find, bart. Maybe this bit of information about the harmonica will help you with some dates. :dontknow:

Matthias Hohner was apparently not a very good harmonica player, however he was an excellent businessman. He bought out his competitors, and in 1862 began exporting harmonicas to the United States, which soon became his largest market. Hohner continued to expand the business, and in 1900 he handed it over to his 5 sons.
Throughout the first half of the 20th century, the popularity of the harmonica continue to grow. In particular, harmonica bands, with many people playing together, were very popular. The Chromatic harmonica, which include a buttom on the side, allowing all notes to be played, was developed by Hohner. In the 1930’s, Larry Adler became the most famous player of this instrument, and remained so until his death in 2001.
The

Blues

In the United States, the harmonica became very popular as a blues instrument. In the 1930’s and early 1940’s a man named John Lee "Sonny Boy" Williamson became well known. After the second world war, Chicago became a major centre for blues, with great players such as Rice Miller (Sonny Boy Williamsom II) and Little Walter. Many people consider Little Walter to be the greatest blues harmonica player. He died in 1968, a sad day in the history of the harmonica.
While the harmonica has been known mostly as a blues instrument, many people were introduced to the harmonica in the 1960’s through the folk music of Bob Dylan.

Yes, but I kept an eye on the RCT for signs of life, but alas, was none. :sadsmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back