RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we would use it the same way, I would build it like this. We just need a floating one for flat water. As I said, we use it in the flat water and just shovel with the hands sand and stones in it to find neolithic blades etc. at our beach. There was a neolithic settlement which is now under water. Many years ago I found on the sand many neolithic stuff which was washed out by the waves so we got this idea.

But I can imagine that your sifter safes a lot of time finding the stuff in the sand!

Simple.If you want it to 'float' attach these to the sides > https://www.target.com/p/swimways-swim-noodles/-/A-14776417

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or a round one like this

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
i think i'm going to get sea sick if i watch that

You would not make a very good pirate. LOL

IMG_5409.GIF

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gold boy,

A couple of tricks that work one is to concentrate on the horizon when out in wavy conditions.....the other is not to stiffen up when walking on the deck just kind of stagger around like a drunken sailor. A word of caution though just don't stub your toes like Tom.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

i don't know about that i guess you could get use to it after a while

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I picked up a book on foraging and this morning walking along the water by the lake I harvested some lamb's quarter.

I'll rinse it off and saute with some garlic and a bit of salt and pepper....if I go M.I.A. I missed the proper id.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Well I cooked up the lamb's quarter and I'm still standing.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9: it actually tastes quite good sort of a mild version of sauteed spinach.

I guess I'm a lucky man for not keeling over....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Kind of ironic since both dandelions and lamb's quarter were not native to North America if I've got my facts straight and possibly broad leaf plantain also.
They were brought over by the early settlers from Europe because of both their nutritional and medicinal values.....shows how society has gone to pot since most people have lost the ability to forage or for that matter cook nourishing food from scratch and growing their own.

When I was a kid a chain like subway wouldn't have had a chance to survive...who the heck can't get off their butt and at least make a sandwich with decent ingredients...:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Off my soapbox now.....:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Folks,

Well I cooked up the lamb's quarter and I'm still standing.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9: it actually tastes quite good sort of a mild version of sauteed spinach.

I guess I'm a lucky man for not keeling over....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Like the member on the left snake boots. Kinda look like mine.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Kind of ironic since both dandelions and lamb's quarter were not native to North America if I've got my facts straight and possibly broad leaf plantain also.
They were brought over by the early settlers from Europe because of both their nutritional and medicinal values.....shows how society has gone to pot since most people have lost the ability to forage or for that matter cook nourishing food from scratch and growing their own.

When I was a kid a chain like subway wouldn't have had a chance to survive...who the heck can't get off their butt and at least make a sandwich with decent ingredients...:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Off my soapbox now.....:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Ha ha Mr WD! Cereal is all he can pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread