RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gold boy,

Well here's a video giving advice about how to tackle the job of taking up black smithing.

You don't see many in that trade anymore. I think a person could do well .

Tom is this for a weapon?

-

NOPE! I just want to modify my banana :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

LOL

Just kidding :laughing7: Yes rook, I want a cheap one for my air rifle to shoot on 100 Meters. I use at the moment a Caldwell rifle rest but it makes no fun to carry that heavy thing around...

Attachments

• snipe.jpg
    snipe.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 30
Tom,

The other plus is good quality craftsman work done locally doesn't get exported overseas. gold boy could hand craft knives, axes, etc and sell them locally to people he knows or at craft fairs.

-

You would n´t do anything wrong with it! Just remember the Dave Canterbury video where he tell how important such skills are if the SHTF :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

And just think about how much money you can make with such Damascus blades!! If they are real good and with nice pattern, people pay crazy prices if you have a good name as a black smith!

I think it is a real good job. But the most important thing is, you have to love your job! Don´t forget that you have to do it the next 50 years!!

Tom,

The other plus is good quality craftsman work done locally doesn't get exported overseas. gold boy could hand craft knives, axes, etc and sell them locally to people he knows or at craft fairs.

Correct! He also could forge good old 18th to 19th Century steel traps etc.! I guess all the preppers bought the market empty now :laughing7:

For real, there would be so much he can forge for people and he would n´t ever run out of food with this job!

Just remember, my very first real girlfriend was blacksmith. She had a good grip :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: but that´s an other story

Tom,

Of course they're Canadian....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: For a fairly small population we've produced more than our share of music industry heavy weights. The Band, Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot, The Guess Who, BTO, Rush, April Wine, Leonard Cohen, Bryan Adams, etc....plenty more also.

Tom,

Here's another blacksmith video about a guy in Germany....at 83 he probably has stronger arms than most men half his age.

Tom,

Of course they're Canadian....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: For a fairly small population we've produced more than our share of music industry heavy weights. The Band, Neil Young, Gordon Lightfoot, The Guess Who, BTO, Rush, April Wine, Leonard Cohen, Bryan Adams, etc....plenty more also.

I sure would've liked to have seen The Guess Who back in the day. Don't think they came south much. Maybe Atlanta or the larger cities. I may be wrong but I believe some members still tour.

-

NOPE! I just want to modify my banana :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

LOL

Just kidding :laughing7: Yes rook, I want a cheap one for my air rifle to shoot on 100 Meters. I use at the moment a Caldwell rifle rest but it makes no fun to carry that heavy thing around...

4eb9b0abb82d9c80f7effb2f56bd5de7.gif:laughing7::laughing9:

Ssshhhh she’s upstairs on the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back