What's new

Rare Earth

dowser

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
2,634
Reaction score
1,421
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting how needed Rare Earth Elements have become. China supplies the world. I've Dowsed using Ytterium as one of my Meteorite signals, but never thought to Dowse for the ore. I'll have to get some samples off Amazon to signal with. Dowser
 
These are known areas of rare earth deposits in the U.S. Get you pointed in the right direction.

rare earth.webp
 
These are known areas of rare earth deposits in the U.S. Get you pointed in the right direction.

View attachment 1779368

Thanks, I haven't researched it much yet. I would've thought some would be around NE Minnesota. I have signaled Gold ore at 20 mile distances from target. Rare earth should be similar. Further depending on quantity. Dowser
 
Actually, all the Elements I use signal back from far targets. Telluride, Nickel, Silver, Carbon, ect ect ect. Even if there is a small quantity of the element in the distant object I'm dowsing, the signal will piggyback along stronger element lines. Dowser
 
While Dowsing for distant targets I used to think that the more quantity of signal Element I use to signal with, the further I could Dowse. I was in Arizona dowsing for Meteorites. My friend had a truck rim made out of Magnesium, so I drove to the end of Salt mine road, set the rim on the ground, then checked for lines. I had one strong signal line heading NW of me, back down the road. After following the signal, it led me to the Salt mine 5 miles away. I thought I was chasing a Meteorite signal, but instead I was signaling Magnesium. Surprise to me! I now know that small quantity of signal element works well enough, and it's easier to carry around. I've signaled Gold ore, Silver ore, Magnesium ore and multi Element Meteorites, and am looking forward to Dowsing Rare Earth. Dowser
 
Last edited:
Narrowed down a little more.

rare earth_LG-Wsection-B.webp
 
I have some Rare earth Elements to signal with, but I need a couple more. I also have Uranium for a signal. I might get some of these Elements also; Zirconium, Niobium, Strontium, Barium, Lithium. Rare earth Elements ride with these Elements. From what I can tell, signaling a Rare earth ore deposit is like signaling a Meteorite. Any multi Element target is either. Dowser
 
Meteorites carry Rare Earths, but they have Nickel, Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Carbon. Elements not associated with Rare Earths. It would be easy to Dowse the differences. Dowser
 
NC, SC, ID, actually have a large rare earth placer area. Florida has it in the phosphate fields.
 
Look at the Idaho placer.

rare earth_LG-Wsection-C.webp
 
Is all Rare earth ore's radioactive ? My Iron Meteorite isn't radioactive, but it contains yttrium and ytterbium. Radioactivity seems to be the main indicator. The only way to be sure it's rare earth is a costly assay gamble. I think I'll start with Diamonds and Kimberlites. A 800 carot yellow diamond called Nipissing, near Cobalt Canada found in the early 1900's, is closer for me. Dowser
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom