What's new

Rare find for my location

  • Thread starter Thread starter Atlantis0077
  • Start date Start date
A

Atlantis0077

Guest
Morning,

Finally braved the wet and cold weather and did a little digging. I found what appears to be a crystal arrowhead. Crystal or "clear rock" as most people here would call it is rather rare for this neck of the woods.

Upon close inspection, there are three lines running parallel to one another on this piece...these have some dirt and inclusions in them. There is a chance that this is a piece of really clear agatized palmwood and those lines are 'grain' in the wood. I will put a magnifying glass to it and see what I can figure out later. Anyhow it was a really nice find and a first for me. I have 'clear' points that are colored...red, topaz, and pink...mostly of agatized petrified wood, but no clear ones.

I also found about 90% of a pot about a foot away from the point. The odd thing about that is this is a mostly paleo site....very little pottery ever found there. Seems another component to this site has appeared... ;D ;D ;D

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis
 

Attachments

  • crystal 001.webp
    crystal 001.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 8,553
Upvote 0
Great find Atlantis! Way to start off if you ask me. I will be keeping an eye out for your finds this summer. Happy Hunting bud.
badandy
 
That is really something!
Seems like the maker had art in mind!!!!
 
Outstanding find! Congrats!!!
 
Very nice. I've never seen anything like that.
 
Atlantis,
You'd better lockbox that baby! Read my "7 inch spear point post" in this same forum.
PS: Be sitting down! lol
 
Finding any point is exciting, but this is a real treasure. Wonderful find! Cngrats and thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Nice point,Heck I'd like to see a pic of the bowl broken.
 
mhmmmmmmm, from the pic, your right it doesn't look so much like glass, but you can't be completly sure by a picture. don't be so quick to judge on a photo. wait till you hold it in your hands.
 
Picking myself up off the floor after seeing that point. WOW! What a beautiful and unique find. I am so wanting to find one for myself. Ain't gonna happen here, though.
 
Here's some similar.

Tony
 

Attachments

  • w-swgp35.webp
    w-swgp35.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 6,238
Tony, are those points from Idaho? They are too cool.
 
Tony,

I've never seen anything like them before? What exactly are they made from? I'd hate to think I walked right past something like this thinking it was just a piece of glass sticking out of the ground!
 
Found them on a web site and for the life of me I can't relocate them.

Will keep on Re-Googling.

Tony
 
Came across this one online a while back... quartz crystal Clovis from North Carolina:
 

Attachments

  • QCC.webp
    QCC.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 6,220

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom