What's new

RE: Refinery help

Bootyhunter1971

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
387
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: Refinery help

Which refinery is best for rings containing diamonds?? I have used different places in the past but for gold finds only without diamonds. From last season I have at least 4 rings that contain diamonds and would like to get the absolute most for my rings, if gold hits $1500/oz I am going to pull the trigger so, any suggestions on a refinery? Thanks in advance.
 
Upvote 0
After sending 10 1/4 pound identical samples of gold plated material to 10 different refineries around the usa.4 refineries all said the same thing that what i sent them wasnt worth anything and that i owed them money for trying to process it.4 other refineries said that the material was only worth 1/4 of what i knew it was worth.(i already knew what the return was supposed to be to see who was honest or not)1 refinery totally ripped me off,never returned my calls or any word from them.the 10th refinery called me and said they assayed the material and asked if i wanted a check or the gold in ingot form.I took the ingot and have been dealing with them for 25 years. 4 of my close friends deal with this refinery too.

Just remember the higher precious metal prices get,the more people get greedy and are most likely to rip you off or cheat you.Take the diamonds and precious stones out of your rings before you send them to any refinery.A metal refinery doesnt want to deal with your stones.Document everything with photos and video.And insure it before you send it anywhere.There are thieves in the postal service as well as UPS and fedx.I know,i had 9 100lbs boxes of high grade gold lined test equipment boards never make it to their destination and someone even fudged the tracking numbers to make it look like they made it.It took me almost 2 years to collect the insurance.Thanx UPS.

http://www.peaseandcurren.com/
 
ARA Gold Refinery in Texas is the best. They give you 98% of spot gold price. Check ARA Gold Refinery.com and call them, they will talk to you. GH, Don
 
dfxone said:
ARA Gold Refinery in Texas is the best. They give you 98% of spot gold price. Check ARA Gold Refinery.com and call them, they will talk to you. GH, Don

And, as I understand it, they will sell your diamonds ...bidding if not too small.

Lorraine
 
I have used ARA and Midwest Refineries in the past and it is always best to remove all stones yourself. Better you should sell them or have them set in another ring and they make nice gifts.
 
What I am getting from this post is they'd like to know who they can sell the diamonds too, as well as the gold.

Joy
 
I read the post the same way. He wants to know who buys both. I can't answer that. ARA sends your stones back graded and cleaned. I far as I can find most diamonds are pretty worthless under 1 karat. And if you have a ring with a 3 karat diamond your a fool for scrapping it. I have made friends with small town jewlers and sell them the small stones, they used them for repairs and made custom stuff. I found its the best return. Anyone in this hobby needs to befriend a jewler so he/she has a trusted person to turn too! Don't wait till you need one.
 
If your rings that have stones are in good shape, you will come out dollars ahead if you sold them off individually, as actual rings, on craigslist and or ebay. Not only will you get full spot price, but you'll go over and above any other offer you will receive on selling diamonds individually, since its being offered as a ring, and not something as scrap.
 
ARA will return you stones to you, no refinery I know of will buy your gold and the diamonds too.....
 
ARA actually has a new policy, they send you a check for your gold or silver, then a jeweler comes in once a week and bids on the lot of stones that were removed from your jewelry. They will call you on the phone and tell you what the jewelers bid is, if you accept it, they send you another check, if you decline, they'll send the stones back to you. I have done this once already with them nd they were very fair. Remember wholesale, your not ever going to get retail. Good luck.
 
finderzzs said:
ARA actually has a new policy, they send you a check for your gold or silver, then a jeweler comes in once a week and bids on the lot of stones that were removed from your jewelry. They will call you on the phone and tell you what the jewelers bid is, if you accept it, they send you another check, if you decline, they'll send the stones back to you. I have done this once already with them nd they were very fair. Remember wholesale, your not ever going to get retail. Good luck.

Nice to know about the change, although personally I would prefer to have the stones back as I can hold on them and let them add up then have a custom diamond ring made for Mrs Treasure Hunter...
 
Im keeping all my stones so i can use them for money when the economy crashes and the dollar isnt worth the paper its printed on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom